Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron markets medicines for eye diseases, colorectal cancer, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including hypercholesterolemia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, allergic asthma, and atopic dermatitis.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated Scientist to join the Biomolecular HTS group within the Therapeutic Proteins team.
Scientist - In vitro molecular interaction/characterization using biosensor such as Biacore and Octet.
A Ph.D. level scientist is needed to carry out label-free quantitative analysis of macromolecular interaction for therapeutic monoclonal antibodies development programs. She/he is also expected to maintain the operation of various Biacore SPR and Octet sensor instruments.
- Characterizing a wide range of protein/protein interactions using Biacore and complementary label-free real-time technologies for protein reagents validation, up stream antibody screening and late stage therapeutic antibody leads characterization.
- Supervise research associates to perform routine biosensor (Biacore, Octet) based bimolecular interaction experiments, data analysis as well as data reporting.
- Maintain the operation of Biacore and Octet instruments.
- Conduct routine biosensor (Biacore, Octet) based experiments of in vitro biomolecular interaction for therapeutic antibody screening and characterization. Analyze and interpret obtained data and maintain an accurate notebook that records experimental methods, materials and results (50%).
- Draft reports and contribute to written presentations pertaining to work being conducted for both internal and external publications (30%).
- Support routine activities in order to ensure appropriate group and laboratory function (20%).
- At least 2-3 years of experience in biophysical characterization of protein-protein interactions binding affinity detennination such as using Biacore SPR, ITC.
- Strong interest and comprehensive hands-on experience in biochemical/immunochemical approach to study protein-protein interaction such as ELISA, FACS, etc.
- Skills and understanding in protein-protein interactions in signal transduction pathway in cellular bioassay will be a plus.
- In-depth knowledge as well as hands-on experience in biophysical characterization of proteins such as using Biacore SPR, Octet sensor, ITC.
- Strong ability and keen interest in using biophysical methodologies to study protein-protein interactions, binding kinetic including experimental design, data generation, interpretation and troubleshooting.
- Comprehensive knowledge and some experience in cell biology, immunology and related methodologies such as IP, WB, ELISA and FACS will be a plus.
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- A strong individual contributor and productive team player.
- Capable of multitasking and quick adaptation of change in priorities.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all recruitment agencies: Regeneron is using the agency management company, Candex - www.candex.com. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Regeneron as a result of the referral or through other means.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and is an affirmative action employer.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE