Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Complete Genomics is currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join its Sequencing Operations team. This position provides an opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies and contribute to CGI’s goal of improving human health by providing genomic information to understand, prevent, diagnose, and treat diseases and conditions. As a member of the CGI Sequencing Operations group, the position will support Compete Genomics’ next generation processes for whole genome sequencing. The successful candidate will operate sequencing instruments, manage data, troubleshoot, and maintain the operation in a 24/7/365 fashion using various proprietary and nonproprietary tools.
• Follow standard operating procedures to perform daily production processes of Sequencing Operations, primarily running the Sequencing instruments and other laboratory equipment, and all associated administrative tasks, including record keeping and documentation.
• Monitor sequencing instrument status, lab performance and sequencing data on a daily basis during assigned shift. Communicate issues and failures as necessary to the appropriate parties.
• General lab duties, such as restocking supplies and maintaining inventory.
• Monitor and report safety and facilities issues to appropriate parties.
• Communicate with related manufacturing teams to coordinate QC runs and material supply/demand.
• Execute on and assist in the development of process instructions that ensure accuracy, throughput, and quality.
• Utilize specialized technical knowledge and skills to make detailed observations and analyze data to ensure we are within operating parameters. Will actively participate in troubleshooting and variable identification for specific processes or activities as assigned.
• Individual will be required to identify, communicate and participate in continuous improvement efforts.
• Will be responsible for working within the team to communicate goals, collaborate on initiatives and deliver on key performance indicators.
• Will utilize various manufacturing systems and applications for performing work duties, including LIMS and other proprietary software.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree in Sciences such as Biochemistry or Molecular Biology with 2+ (level 2) or 6 (level 4) years of industry experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of related education and experience. Previous Next Gen Sequencing experience highly desirable.
• Molecular biology experience acquired from working with technologies such as PCR, sequencing, microarrays, and liquid handling automation is preferred.
• Familiarity with processes used in molecular biology production environments, including use of SOPs and LIMS.
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills, with great attention to detail and record keeping in both lab notebook and electronic documentation.
• Proficiency in the use of basic molecular biology laboratory techniques, equipment and materials required, as well as experience with Good Laboratory Practices and aseptic techniques.
• Demonstrated ability and desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced manufacturing lab environment. Should be familiar with systems and processes used in such settings, such as the use of SOP’s and LIMS.
• Demonstrated strength in working within a team, as well as ability to work effectively independently. Should be well organized, self-motivated and possess excellent time management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to multitask and adapt to rapidly changing requirements.
• Great attention to detail, with good problem solving and analytical thinking skills required.
• Quality minded, customer focused and driven by desire for continuous improvement.
• Demonstrated capability to interact effectively with cross functional partners, notably Development, Research, Quality, Supply Chain, and other dependent manufacturing teams.
• Strong technical ability and demonstrated proficiency in performing and troubleshooting complex molecular biology systems.
• Experience with Business Excellence, Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma highly desired.
• Strong documentation skills and experience using standard data analysis tools are required.
• Experience in quality systems and resource planning is desirable.
• Competency in Microsoft Office applications and general computing skills required.
Complete Genomics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources.
Complete Genomics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Complete Genomics and will be processed accordingly without fee.
Complete Genomics has the sole discretion to determine with whom we will enter into a contract. If you wish to work with Complete Genomics, please contact the Human Resources department directly.
Complete Genomics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Complete Genomics is a whole human genome sequencing company that has developed and commercialized an innovative DNA sequencing service. The Complete Genomics Analysis Platform (CGA™ Platform) combines Complete Genomics’ proprietary human genome sequencing technology with advanced informatics and data management software. Additional information can be found at http://www.completegenomics.com.