Minimum Education/Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree in Sciences such as Biochemistry or Molecular Biology with 2+ (level 2) or 6 (level 4) years of industry experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of related education and experience. Previous Next Gen Sequencing experience highly desirable.
• Molecular biology experience acquired from working with technologies such as PCR, sequencing, microarrays, and liquid handling automation is preferred.
• Familiarity with processes used in molecular biology production environments, including use of SOPs and LIMS.
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills, with great attention to detail and record keeping in both lab notebook and electronic documentation.
• Proficiency in the use of basic molecular biology laboratory techniques, equipment and materials required, as well as experience with Good Laboratory Practices and aseptic techniques.
• Demonstrated ability and desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced manufacturing lab environment. Should be familiar with systems and processes used in such settings, such as the use of SOP’s and LIMS.
• Demonstrated strength in working within a team, as well as ability to work effectively independently. Should be well organized, self-motivated and possess excellent time management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to multitask and adapt to rapidly changing requirements.
• Great attention to detail, with good problem solving and analytical thinking skills required.
• Quality minded, customer focused and driven by desire for continuous improvement.
• Demonstrated capability to interact effectively with cross functional partners, notably Development, Research, Quality, Supply Chain, and other dependent manufacturing teams.
• Strong technical ability and demonstrated proficiency in performing and troubleshooting complex molecular biology systems.
• Experience with Business Excellence, Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma highly desired.
• Strong documentation skills and experience using standard data analysis tools are required.
• Experience in quality systems and resource planning is desirable.
• Competency in Microsoft Office applications and general computing skills required.
Complete Genomics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources.
Complete Genomics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Complete Genomics and will be processed accordingly without fee.
Complete Genomics has the sole discretion to determine with whom we will enter into a contract. If you wish to work with Complete Genomics, please contact the Human Resources department directly.
Complete Genomics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer