Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Complete Genomics designs and implements complex instrument systems to automate the many phases of Genomic DNA sample preparation and sequencing. We seek a new Director of Consumables Hardware, reporting to the VP of Engineering, which will oversee a team comprising members from a variety of engineering and scientific disciplines.
The Challenge: In this position, you will be responsible for the concept, definition, design, development, verification and validation of novel flow cells based on Complete Genomics’ proprietary DNA Nanoball Array technology. The challenge is to ensure the design meets the cost and production volume requirements while flawlessly executing complex chemical processes associated with multiple applications within Complete Genomics’ suite of genomic analyses.
Your Experience: Proven successes in the development, and transfer to volume production, low cost consumables; preferably incorporating semiconductor based substrates mated with fluidics systems. Demonstrated ability to define system requirements; analyze concepts for reliability and ease of use, and develop those concepts into functional prototypes, pilot and production units in a cross functional team environment.
Your Leadership Skills: Open communication style. Ability to thrive in a dynamic, cross functional environment. Ability to prioritize system requirements and work across group boundaries to meet milestones for the best overall project successes. Proven leadership in a team environment.
• PhD (desired) or M.S., and 10 + years relevant experience in Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Semiconductor or related fields such as Genetics/Genomics, Molecular or Physical Chemistry, Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical Engineering, or Fluid Mechanics.
• The ability to apply principles from many or all of these fields towards design, development and production processes.
• Experience in low cost, high volume manufacturing techniques.
• Experienced in technical and financial management or contract design and manufacturing partners.
• Five (5) + years of direct project or program management
• Team building - including organizing and staffing functional teams
• Experience with fluidic systems in both macro and micro volume and surface geometries in the nano scale; flowcell experience strongly desired.
• Ability to translate requirements for biochemical processes into project and product requirements.
• Experience with molecular biology reagents and surface preparation strongly desired.
• Experience with Design Controls for medical devices a plus.
Complete Genomics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources.
Complete Genomics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Complete Genomics and will be processed accordingly without fee.
Complete Genomics has the sole discretion to determine with whom we will enter into a contract. If you wish to work with Complete Genomics, please contact the Human Resources department diirectly.
Complete Genomics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Complete Genomics is a whole human genome sequencing company that has developed and commercialized an innovative DNA sequencing service. The Complete Genomics Analysis Platform (CGA™ Platform) combines Complete Genomics’ proprietary human genome sequencing technology with advanced informatics and data management software. Additional information can be found at http://www.completegenomics.com.