Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
As a Senior Process Engineer in our Sequencing Services lab, you will use your genomic sequencing expertise to serve as a technical resource with regards to sequencing issues and advise team members on development matters as needed. You will provide technical leadership in new process introduction and process development, improvement and sustaining efforts in one of the premier genomics facilities in the world.
You will collaborate with R & D, Quality, Production and Informatics groups to develop processes for new products and sustain and improve processes for existing products.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
• Establish and maintain close relationship to the Sequencing Services team regarding general production aspects, technical issues and reagent concerns.
• Perform analyses of current processes, identify gaps and deficiencies. Construct and execute controlled experiments (including DOEs) to optimize processes to ensure output of high-quality genomic data in a high-throughput genomics facility. Lead implementation of solutions in a production environment.
• Create and publish automated reports of key production metrics.
• Create analysis tools to speed investigations and facilitate continuous improvement.
• Lead teams to troubleshoot production line issues related to yield, quality and throughput. Use systematic problem-solving methods to address issues. Use project management tools to meet team goals.
• Participate on cross-functional teams with R&D, Production, Quality and Customer Solutions to develop and transfer new processes/products to Production and enhance their robustness. Provide technical leadership while representing Sequencing Services’ interests on development teams.
Qualifications Education and Experience:
• A BS degree in Biochemical Engineering, Bioengineering or Molecular Biology and a minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience in genomics sequencing or a Master’s degree with at least 5 years of experience or a Ph.D. with 0-2 years of experience is required.
• Experience in a high-throughput genomics facility and familiarity with next-generation sequencing technologies is desirable.
• Experience in high-volume life-sciences consumables production support / sustaining and process development, design, scale-up, improvement and validation is preferred.
• Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills required. Experience leading problem-solving teams preferred.
• Experience with statistical process control and DOE techniques is a plus.
• Strong data analysis and reporting skills are required. Intermediate level programming knowledge is desirable.
• Good interdepartmental communication skills and ability to interact effectively across groups within a fast-paced environment are required.
• Ability to overcome obstacles and handle rapidly shifting priorities is required.
• Experience with product development processes and project management is a plus.
Illumina is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If interested, please apply online at:
Illumina is a leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of life science tools and integrated systems for large-scale analysis of genetic variation and function. These systems are enabling studies that were not even imaginable just a few years ago, and moving us closer to the realization of personalized medicine. With rapid advances in technology taking place, it is mission-critical to offer solutions that are not only innovative, but flexible, and scalable, with industry-leading support and service. We strive to meet this challenge by placing a high value on collaborative interactions, rapid delivery of solutions, and meeting the needs of our customers.
Our customers include a broad range of academic, government, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and other leading institutions around the globe.