As a Process Engineer 2 in our Sequencing Reagent Test lab, you will serve as a technical resource with regards to sequencing issues and advise team members on development matters as needed. You will provide technical leadership in new process introduction and process development, improvement and sustaining efforts in a high-throughput genomics facility.
You will collaborate with R & D, Quality, Production and Informatics groups to develop processes for new products and sustain and improve processes for existing products.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
• Troubleshoot production line issues related to yield, quality and throughput. Use systematic problem-solving methods to address issues. Use project management tools to meet team goals.
• Perform analyses of current processes, identify gaps and deficiencies. Construct and execute controlled experiments (including DOEs) to optimize processes to ensure output of high-quality genomic data in a high-throughput genomics facility. Lead implementation of solutions in a production environment.
• Create and publish automated reports of key production metrics.
• Create analysis tools to speed investigations and facilitate continuous improvement.
• Participate on cross-functional teams with R&D, Production, Quality and Customer Solutions to develop and transfer new processes/products to Production and enhance their robustness. Provide technical leadership while representing Sequencing Reagent Test’s interests on development teams.
• Define technical requirements and write procedures to enable production to process product.
Equal Opportunity Employer