Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
At Illumina, we apply innovative technologies for studying genetic variation and function, making studies possible that were not even imaginable just a few years ago. These revolutionary tools/technologies for DNA, RNA, and protein analysis are enabling rapid advances in disease research, drug development, and the development of molecular tests. We are 2,600 people strong, located in 7 countries; headquartered in San Diego, and changing the face of genetic technology.
Join a team with a startup mentality that is re-imagining how science is done. This role is for the Consumer Genomics Software group, which has the goal to deliver whole genome sequencing data to our consumers. As part of this small focused team you will have the chance to evolve the MyGenome app by building new and exciting features. The goal is to provide our customers an innovative tool to explore their genome, discover how genomics may impact their health and share information with others. Other responsibilities will include supporting the development of an end-to-end solution from sample ordering to delivering genomic data on the iPad.
Required Skills & Experience
• Bachelor of Science degree or higher in Computer Science, or Bioinformatics
• 2-4 years' experience developing robust customer facing applications in an object-oriented language
• Demonstrated success as a software designer developing in C# or Java
Preferred Skills & Experience:
• Master’s degree in a technical field
• Working knowledge of relational database design and SQL
• Experience working in a user experience team
• Biology background or experience in biotech
• Experience developing iOS applications in Objective C
Illumina is an equal opportunity employer.
Illumina (www.illumina.com) is a leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of life science tools and integrated systems for the analysis of genetic variation and function. We provide innovative sequencing and array-based solutions for genotyping, copy number variation analysis, methylation studies, gene expression profiling, and low-multiplex analysis of DNA, RNA, and protein. We also provide tools and services that are fueling advances in consumer genomics and diagnostics. Our technology and products accelerate genetic analysis research and its application, paving the way for molecular medicine and ultimately transforming healthcare.