Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron markets medicines for eye diseases, colorectal cancer, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including hypercholesterolemia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, allergic asthma, and atopic dermatitis.
REGN is expanding its genomics efforts and operations, building upon its strengths in mouse genetics (VelociGene®; VelocImmune® and related technologies) and genetics-driven drug discovery and development (e.g. Interleukin-1 blocker rilonacept, FDA approved in 2008; PCSK9 antibody alirocumab, in Phase 3; and several other important pipeline medicines). Specific activities being scaled up will include whole exome and whole genome sequencing projects, functional biology and mouse genetics for disease modeling, and translational research integrating genetics discovery research with REGN's growing pipeline development efforts. Along with others in industry and academia, Regeneron has long seen human genetics and genomics as essential platforms for facilitating and enabling drug discovery and development; we believe technological advances and other trends now make it possible to more fully realize this potential.
Goals for REGN's programs include target discovery, indication discovery, and patient-disease stratification through the use of human genetics and related genomic sciences. Regeneron’s interests encompass a breadth of different areas spanning Mendelian and family frameworks, large scale population genetics (both common and rare variants), and gene-gene interactions. The company will rely on its internal assets and technologies as well as continue to collaborate with investigators around the world in pursuing exciting genetics discovery projects. Regeneron is looking for talented and motivated individuals to join the company, complement internal teams and resources, and help lead these exciting programs and expanded efforts.
We are looking for an Oracle DBA. This self-motivated individual will be responsible for the architecture, deployment and ongoing support of large-scale genomic databases. The ideal candidate will have significant experience with operational databases, data warehousing in a heterogeneous environment. The individual is responsible for the installation, administration and maintenance of Regeneron's Database software, including but not limited to Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Works as part of a team to provide technical support for applications that have database requirements, including requirements gathering, through installation, configuration, testing and other production duties
- Responsible for database installations, backup and recovery, upgrades, migrations and day to day monitoring using OEM
- Responsible for documenting the system in compliance with FDA regulations relating to computerized systems. This includes creating and following SOP, maintaining log books and following system change control procedures.
- Works closely with internal customers to ensure the software is configured and service level agreements are created and maintained for new database installs.
- Works closely with Quality group to ensure Information Systems are developed and implemented according to system development life cycle approach
- Help define appropriate metrics/measures to proactively monitor systems for failures
- Work with Oracle support services to resolve customer open issues
- Work with 3rd party Managed Support services to oversee and manage delivery of their services, ensuring compliance with our standards and guidelines and providing a seamless view of IT for our customers
- Work with developers to implement a system for code promotion to production environments
- Work closely with developers to design systems that use the latest database technology to improve performance, security and reliability
This position requires a minimum of a BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics or demonstrated equivalent skills and experience and a minimum of 5 years of experience.
This experience should include:
- 5-7 years of experience designing and managing enterprise production databases
- Experience managing databases in a big data (i.e. > 500TB) environment
- Minimum 3 years’ experience managing production Oracle RAC environments
- Pharmaceutical experience preferred
- Familiarity with emerging database technologies (Cassandra, Dynamo, Postgres, etc.)
- Experience deploying and managing open source software (LAMP, OpenStack, etc.)
- Experience with Performance Tuning and troubleshooting of Oracle databases
- Experience with Oracle toolset (ODI, Fusion, etc.)
- Experience with basic system administration of Sun Servers
- Experience deploying/managing Oracle databases in the Amazon Cloud environment preferred
- Knowledge of Exadata preferred
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all recruitment agencies:
Regeneron is using the agency management company, Candex - www.candex.com. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Regeneron as a result of the referral or through other means.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and is an affirmative action employer.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE