Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron markets medicines for eye diseases, colorectal cancer, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including hypercholesterolemia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, allergic asthma, and atopic dermatitis.
REGN is expanding its genomics efforts and operations, building upon its strengths in mouse genetics (VelociGene®; VelocImmune® and related technologies) and genetics-driven drug discovery and development (e.g. Interleukin-1 blocker rilonacept, FDA approved in 2008; PCSK9 antibody alirocumab, in Phase 3; and several other important pipeline medicines). Specific activities being scaled up will include whole exome and whole genome sequencing projects, functional biology and mouse genetics for disease modeling, and translational research integrating genetics discovery research with REGN's growing pipeline development efforts. Along with others in industry and academia, Regeneron has long seen human genetics and genomics as essential platforms for facilitating and enabling drug discovery and development; we believe technological advances and other trends now make it possible to more fully realize this potential.
Goals for REGN's programs include target discovery, indication discovery, and patient-disease stratification through the use of human genetics and related genomic sciences. Regeneron’s interests encompass a breadth of different areas spanning Mendelian and family frameworks, large scale population genetics (both common and rare variants), and gene-gene interactions. The company will rely on its internal assets and technologies as well as continue to collaborate with investigators around the world in pursuing exciting genetics discovery projects. Regeneron is looking for talented and motivated individuals to join the company, complement internal teams and resources, and help lead these exciting programs and expanded efforts.
We are looking for an ETL Specialist. The Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) Specialist is responsible for successful development, deployment and management of extract/transform/load solutions.
This person will be a self-motivated individual responsible for the development, testing and troubleshooting of extraction, transformation and load (ETL) solutions for large-scale heterogeneous data environment. They must be proficient using industry-standard tools and scripting techniques for data scrubbing, data mapping and loading from multiple sources.
- Conducts data mapping, designs, develops and implements extract/transform/load processes using Oracle ODI or other ETL tools.
- Supports software upgrades, software documentation, research of new software versions,
- Performs ETL Repository administration including promotion of software packages to the proper environment, troubleshooting, and technical support.
- Designs logical/physical models, develops and test ETL jobs.
- Works closely with DBAs, Developers and customers to define requirements, mappings, gap analysis and business transformation rules.
- Develops ETL development standards.
- Works closely with internal customers to ensure the software is configured and service level agreements are created and maintained for new integrations.
- When required, works closely with Quality group to ensure Information Systems are developed and implemented according to system development life cycle approach.
- Help define appropriate metrics/measures to proactively monitor systems for failures.
- Work with vendor (ex. Oracle) support services to resolve customer open issues.
- Work with 3rd party Managed Support services to oversee and manage delivery of their services, ensuring compliance with our standards and guidelines and providing a seamless view of IT for our customers.
This position requires a minimum of a BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics or demonstrated equivalent skills and experience, and 5-7 years of experience designing and implementing ETL based solutions.
Experience should include:
- The ability to create and drive the data dictionary governance process.
- Ability to work with data providers to streamline processes, minimize data transfer costs and reduce exception handling
- Knowledge of PL/SQL required
- Knowledge of healthcare data a requirement
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the Pharmaceutical or Biotech industry experience is preferred, but not required
- Experience with data management activities in the Amazon cloud preferred
- PHP, Python, Ruby scripting experience preferred.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all recruitment agencies:
Regeneron is using the agency management company, Candex - www.candex.com. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Regeneron as a result of the referral or through other means.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and is an affirmative action employer.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE