Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron markets medicines for eye diseases, colorectal cancer, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including hypercholesterolemia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, allergic asthma, and atopic dermatitis.
REGN is expanding its genomics efforts and operations, building upon its strengths in mouse genetics (VelociGene®; VelocImmune® and related technologies) and genetics-driven drug discovery and development (e.g. Interleukin-1 blocker rilonacept, FDA approved in 2008; PCSK9 antibody alirocumab, in Phase 3; and several other important pipeline medicines). Specific activities being scaled up will include whole exome and whole genome sequencing projects, functional biology and mouse genetics for disease modeling, and translational research integrating genetics discovery research with REGN's growing pipeline development efforts. Along with others in industry and academia, Regeneron has long seen human genetics and genomics as essential platforms for facilitating and enabling drug discovery and development; we believe technological advances and other trends now make it possible to more fully realize this potential.
Goals for REGN's programs include target discovery, indication discovery, and patient-disease stratification through the use of human genetics and related genomic sciences. Regeneron’s interests encompass a breadth of different areas spanning Mendelian and family frameworks, large scale population genetics (both common and rare variants), and gene-gene interactions. The company will rely on its internal assets and technologies as well as continue to collaborate with investigators around the world in pursuing exciting genetics discovery projects. Regeneron is looking for talented and motivated individuals to join the company, complement internal teams and resources, and help lead these exciting programs and expanded efforts.
We are looking for a Linux System Engineer. The Linux System Engineer is responsible for day-to-day processing operations for genomic & other research data processing locally and on the Amazon cloud. This position will assist in the planning and build-out of new instances, storage and data archiving. The Linux System Engineer will be responsible for maintenance and configuration of servers, networks and other data center equipment.
This position will aid in designing and implementing redundancy, disaster recovery and system failovers. This position will monitor and respond to system alerts and outages on a 24x7 basis. The Linux System Engineer will troubleshoot data center issues from inception to The Linux Engineer will apply communication, analytical, and problem solving skills to identify, communicate and resolve issues in order to maximize the functionality of the systems.
This position will work closely with the overall IT department to plan and execute projects.
This position will be dynamic and require a person that is able to work in a very team-oriented.
- Collection and analysis of requirements needed for new systems deployment
- Perform continuous analysis of Linux systems and make recommendations to improve security, scalability, performance and availability
- Manage process for hardware and software upgrades
- Generate documentation for Linux systems including SOPs, logical network diagrams, and component inventories
This position requires a BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics or demonstrated equivalent skills and experience.
Experience should include:
- 5-7 years of experience as a systems administrator
- Must be able to support a large Linux server environment using standard tools and techniques.
- Oversee the installation of system software, patch levels, third-party products, shareware, etc.
- Experience designing and implementing a strong backup and recovery architecture in a multi-location environment.
- Proven knowledge of security protocols; experience configuring systems in a secure manner.
- Ability to create and maintain system documentation.
- Experience with SAN and NAS implementations.
- Strong technical competency with LAMP systems (preferable RHEL 5/6, CentOS, Scientific Linux).
- Experience with StarCluster toolkit fir EC2 is a plus
- Experience with compute clusters with experience in job schedulers such as SGE, LSF, PBS, etc. is a plus
- Proficient with Shell Scripting
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory
- Strong technical competency with server hardware and configurations
- Experience with Internet technologies (IP, DNS, SSL, LDAP)
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies is a plus
- Knowledge of Storage technologies is a plus
- Python, Ruby, Perl scripting
- Experience with system management activities in the Amazon cloud preferred
- Strong Organizational Skills, including the ability to manage time and multiple tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to changing business requirements
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all recruitment agencies: Regeneron is using the agency management company, Candex - www.candex.com. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Regeneron as a result of the referral or through other means.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and is an affirmative action employer.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE