Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron markets medicines for eye diseases, colorectal cancer, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including hypercholesterolemia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, allergic asthma, and atopic dermatitis.
REGN is expanding its genomics efforts and operations, building upon its strengths in mouse genetics (VelociGene®; VelocImmune® and related technologies) and genetics-driven drug discovery and development (e.g. Interleukin-1 blocker rilonacept, FDA approved in 2008; PCSK9 antibody alirocumab, in Phase 3; and several other important pipeline medicines). Specific activities being scaled up will include whole exome and whole genome sequencing projects, functional biology and mouse genetics for disease modeling, and translational research integrating genetics discovery research with REGN's growing pipeline development efforts. Along with others in industry and academia, Regeneron has long seen human genetics and genomics as essential platforms for facilitating and enabling drug discovery and development; we believe technological advances and other trends now make it possible to more fully realize this potential. Goals for REGN's programs include target discovery, indication discovery, and patient-disease stratification through the use of human genetics and related genomic sciences.
Regeneron’s interests encompass a breadth of different areas spanning Mendelian and family frameworks, large scale population genetics (both common and rare variants), and gene-gene interactions. The company will rely on its internal assets and technologies as well as continue to collaborate with investigators around the world in pursuing exciting genetics discovery projects. Regeneron is looking for talented and motivated individuals to join the company, complement internal teams and resources, and help lead these exciting programs and expanded efforts.
We are looking for a Web Applications developer. The Web Applications Developer collaborates with business units to improve the end-user experience and adoption of web based database applications. The Developer builds and maintains end-to-end solutions based on business functional requirements.
The candidate will participate in process improvement / automation projects from business process analysis through to implementation of the application or system. The candidate will support the biotechnology research areas in the design and development of scientific applications. Responsible for aspects of the software development lifecycle, including: design, implementation, testing and maintenance of scientific business applications. The candidate will be responsible for new and existing systems.
- Design, build, deploy and maintain relational database based application using LAMP technology stack
- Work with the laboratory and technical personnel to understand their business processes and suggest improvement opportunities
- Build applications by translating high-level business and user requirements into functional and design specifications
- Must be able to handle a variety of tasks, effectively solve problems with numerous and complex variables, and be able to shift priorities as needed
- Partner with internal and external resources to negotiate and customize business, functional, and design requirements for enhanced end-user experience
- Create user-centered designs based on business and functional requirements, user research, customer feedback, and usability findings
- Design user interfaces by using conceptual design techniques such as creating visual mockups, prototypes, and diagrams
- Enhance, maintain, and troubleshoot software application development requests
- Contribute in the development of software and design standards, processes and procedures, and guidelines to ensure they meet business rules and government regulations
- Participate in user research and usability testing to help improve the user experience
- Improve the user-experience by applying innovative as well as best practices and current industry trends
This position requires a minimum of a BS in Computer Science or related field and 2-5+ Years Experience.
Experience should include:
- Expertise using LAMP technology stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL and Perl/Python, ) Ruby & Ruby on Rails Framework
- Experience with a web development framework such as Ruby on Rails, Django or Zend
- Familiarity with biological laboratory techniques a big plus
- Understanding of an Agile development methodology
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree in computer science, information technology, or a life science
- Strong interest in contributing to biological research
- Experience in fast changing Research focused environments
- Experience in a Big Data environment >500Tb
- Working in a heterogeneous database environments
- HTML5 / CSS3 Experience
- Ability to understand end-user needs and user experience
- Is an independent worker and proactively seeks to innovate
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Willingness to work in and adapt to a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Attention to detail and a passion for solving complex and interesting problems
- Analytical with the desire to measure the effectiveness of new features
- Welcome and respect ideas from partners, business stakeholder and technical experts
- Demonstrated ability to perform business analysis and identify valid improvement opportunities
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all recruitment agencies:
Regeneron is using the agency management company, Candex - www.candex.com. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Regeneron as a result of the referral or through other means.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and is an affirmative action employer.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE