Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron markets medicines for eye diseases, colorectal cancer, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including hypercholesterolemia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, allergic asthma, and atopic dermatitis.
REGN is expanding its genomics efforts and operations, building upon its strengths in mouse genetics (VelociGene®; VelocImmune® and related technologies) and genetics-driven drug discovery and development (e.g. Interleukin-1 blocker rilonacept, FDA approved in 2008; PCSK9 antibody alirocumab, in Phase 3; and several other important pipeline medicines). Specific activities being scaled up will include whole exome and whole genome sequencing projects, functional biology and mouse genetics for disease modeling, and translational research integrating genetics discovery research with REGN's growing pipeline development efforts. Along with others in industry and academia, Regeneron has long seen human genetics and genomics as essential platforms for facilitating and enabling drug discovery and development;
we believe technological advances and other trends now make it possible to more fully realize this potential. Goals for REGN's programs include target discovery, indication discovery, and patient-disease stratification through the use of human genetics and related genomic sciences. Regeneron’s interests encompass a breadth of different areas spanning Mendelian and family frameworks, large scale population genetics (both common and rare variants), and gene-gene interactions. The company will rely on its internal assets and technologies as well as continue to collaborate with investigators around the world in pursuing exciting genetics discovery projects. Regeneron is looking for talented and motivated individuals to join the company, complement internal teams and resources, and help lead these exciting programs and expanded efforts.
We are looking for a Research Associate
- Sample and Library Prep, who will report to the Manager - Sequencing Lab. This Research Associate will be responsible for managing DNA samples for NGS. He/She will receive, QC, and bank samples. He/She will also be responsible for cherry picking and normalizing samples for NGS processing.
They will also:
• Receive and re-aliquot DNA samples into selected formats for downstream processing.
• Enter sample attributes into laboratory information management system (LIMS).
• Perform quality control assays on DNA samples using capillary electrophoresis, UV spectrometry and fluorometry, and quantitative real-time PCR.
• Cherry pick samples and normalize DNA concentrations.
• DNA sequencing library construction and exome capture.
• Troubleshoots all procedures related to sequencing library construction, exome capture and sequencing runs.
• Implement SOPs to maintain to maintain stringent performance requirements, including throughput and quality metrics.
This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and at least 1-2 years of experience working in a molecular biology lab.
This experience should include:
• Experience with using LIMS.
• Experience in molecular biology techniques such as PCR, gel electrophoresis, and restriction enzyme mapping and quantitative real-time PCR.
• Experience in lab automation with liquid handling robots.
• Familiar with DNA QC instruments, such as UV spectrometer, microplate reader and Bioanalyzer.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry.
Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all recruitment agencies: Regeneron is using the agency management company, Candex - www.candex.com. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron. No fee will be paid
in the event the candidate is hired by Regeneron as a result of the referral or through other means.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and is an affirmative action employer.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE