This is a mid-level, individual contributor role. This is not a senior accountant position.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the General Ledger Accountant is responsible for the preparation of journal entries, reconciliations and analysis around fixed assets and accruals. This position will also manage the Vendor Maintenance setup for payables in our ERP system Great Plains as well as own the vendor set up for wire payments in our bank accounts. A successful candidate will demonstrate initiative and technical competence to handle these duties. Further, this position will require a strong attention to detail, problem solving and the ability to carry out multiple tasks in parallel in a changing environment.
- Prepare the monthly accounting and reporting of fixed assets and depreciation.
- Conduct periodic physical inventory count of fixed assets.
- Support the property tax filing.
- Record monthly journal entries and prepare reconciliations for accruals (includes legal, defer rent, patent expense, etc.)
- Own the vendor maintenance set up for payables in our ERP system Great Plains and wire set up in our bank accounts.
- Prepare the use tax filing and 1099 filing.
- Manage the credit cards issued by the Company.
- Assist with internal and external audit requests around responsible areas.
- Analyze current processes for process improvements and automation opportunities.
- Assist in ad hoc projects.
- Prepare the month-end journal entry and reconciliations binders.
- Assist the Accounting Manager in reviewing AP coding of invoices.
- Assist with filing and organizing accounting work papers.
- 3-5 years of accounting experience in a public company, preferably in biotechnology, healthcare or health insurance industries.
- B.S. / B.A. Degree in Accounting, or equivalent.
- Understanding of US GAAP.
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Ability to be detailed oriented.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects to meet deadlines and produce high quality work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team's environment and with external customers.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of projects.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP and/or SAP by Design, Sage FAS Fixed Assets,
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE