Design and execute bench level experiments relating to bacterial RNA-Seq creation.
- Organize and maintain bacterial strain stocks.
- Work in a BSL-3 environment, including bacterial culture maintenance and nucleic acid isolation
- Conduct small independent projects at the bench level, as well as in a high throughput production setting, using a variety of techniques and methodologies.
- Ensure production of high quality data to meet team goals
- Organize workflow and determine methodologies to optimize results
- Troubleshoot as necessary and identify areas for improvement. Lead investigations and recommend changes to improve quality of products and procedures.
- Record experimental designs, results, and conclusions in both electronic and paper format. Prepare summary reports.
- Consult with other lab members or scientific literature as needed..
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Duration of the assignment: Starting immediately - March 31st 2014
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or other science related field
- A minimum of two years of experience in a high throughput sequencing and/or process development environment.
- Proficiency in current biotechnology techniques, ranging from DNA sequencing, laboratory automation, library construction, reagent or enzyme QC, etc.
- Working knowledge of computers and databases within a Windows/Mac environment.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks amid shifting priorities.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organization and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE