IT Security Specialist
Medical Science & Computing
Medical Science & Computing, Inc. (MSC) is an exciting company dedicated to providing scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a long history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH). MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
We are currently searching for an IT Security Specialist to support the NIH. This is a full-time position located at the NIH Campus in Bethesda, MD.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Conduct daily security-related administration tasks of LHNCBC’s computing resources, including Cisco ASA firewall management, system and application vulnerability scan and remediation, security audits, and support of security related events;
• Work with system administrators, developers and users to ensure LHNCBC is in compliance with the government policies;
• Investigate a security incident, if any, identify, isolate, contain, and remedy the security breach, and generate a forensic report;
• Coordinate and resolve technical matters as a member of NLM Security Committee and LHNCBC Computing Resource Technical Committee;
• Advise on security perspectives to LHNCBC managers.
• Minimum five (5) years of experiences in IT security in a heterogeneous environment;
• Minimum seven (7) years of experiences in Unix/Linux system administration and shell programming;
• Extensive hands-on experiences in Cisco ASA firewall management;
• Demonstrated experiences in system and application vulnerability scan and remediation;
• Excellent analytical skills and demonstrated capability in debugging, tracking, fixing and preventing security related issues.
• Good knowledge and understanding of Internet and network protocols.
• Good understanding of IT standard operation process, with demonstrated experiences in a process oriented working environment;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with people at every level;
• A BS degree in Computer Science or other equivalent engineering discipline from a highly regarded accredited college. Advanced degree is highly desirable.
• CCIE certificate is preferable.
Medical Science & Computing will provide relocation expenses and sponsorship for
H1B Visa if hired.
Medical Science & Computing offers an outstanding benefits package to include
comprehensive health plan, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible
spending plans, 401K. We are committed to a high performance culture and provide and
environment that allows our employees to obtain their full potential.
To learn more about our company, visit our website www.MSCweb.com
To apply please send resume and salary requirement to: Debbie@MSCweb.com
EEO/AA – M/F/D/V