Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron markets medicines for eye diseases, colorectal cancer, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including hypercholesterolemia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, allergic asthma, and atopic dermatitis.
REGN is expanding its genomics efforts and operations, building upon its strengths in mouse genetics (VelociGene®; VelocImmune® and related technologies) and genetics-driven drug discovery and development (e.g. Interleukin-1 blocker rilonacept, FDA approved in 2008; PCSK9 antibody alirocumab, in Phase 3; and several other important pipeline medicines). Specific activities being scaled up will include whole exome and whole genome sequencing projects, functional biology and mouse genetics for disease modeling, and translational research integrating genetics discovery research with REGN's growing pipeline development efforts.
Along with others in industry and academia, Regeneron has long seen human genetics and genomics as essential platforms for facilitating and enabling drug discovery and development; we believe technological advances and other trends now make it possible to more fully realize this potential. Goals for REGN's programs include target discovery, indication discovery, and patient-disease stratification through the use of human genetics and related genomic sciences.
Regeneron’s interests encompass a breadth of different areas spanning Mendelian and family frameworks, large scale population genetics (both common and rare variants), and gene-gene interactions. The company will rely on its internal assets and technologies as well as continue to collaborate with investigators around the world in pursuing exciting genetics discovery projects. Regeneron is looking for talented and motivated individuals to join the company, complement internal teams and resources, and help lead these exciting programs and expanded efforts.
We are looking for a Lab Manager of Sequencing will report to head, Sequencing and Lab Operations and oversee operation of next generation sequencing lab. He/She will supervise a team of 6 to 7 research associates to sequence large numbers of exomes as well as whole genomes using the latest Illumina sequencers. He/She will ensure timely completion of projects and maintain stringent performance requirements such as throughput, quality metrics, and low error rate.
- Oversee lab operations, including sample management, NGS library construction, sequence capture, and input to sequencers.
- Prioritize projects under the direction of Head, Sequencing & Lab Operation and ensure the timely completion of projects.
- Troubleshoot and improve all laboratory procedures across the entire sequencing workflow.
- Establish and implement lab SOPs to maintain stringent performance requirements, including throughput and quality metrics.
- Provide timely reports to Head, Sequencing & Operations on operations of NGS lab.
- Train research associates on all routines of NGS workflow.
- Collaborate with automation cores to optimize NGS workflow.
- Validate and implement new technologies to improve efficiency and throughput.
- Manage direct reports to support achievement of their personal and professional development goals as well as team and company goals.
This position requires a minimum of a B.S. and at least 5 years, or PhD (strongly preferred) and 3 years of experience managing large-scale sequencing and related lab operations and teams, including next-generation DNA sequencing and exome/genome library preparation.
Additional requirements include:
- Deep understanding of NGS workflows and technology.
- Hands on experience in all aspects of sequencing procedures and capability to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a short time.
- Proven leadership skill in managing more than 5 direct reports.
- Experience/expertise with automation of NGS processes and lab operations.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry.
Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all recruitment agencies:
Regeneron is using the agency management company, Candex - www.candex.com. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron. No fee will be paid
in the event the candidate is hired by Regeneron as a result of the referral or through other means.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and is an affirmative action employer.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE