Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
This position is responsible for the scientific and technical support for Swift’s products, including marketing and sales efforts. Specific responsibilities include the following:
• Provide technical assistance to customers; handle technical and product inquiries by telephone and email
• Assist with product launches; collaborate with R&D to develop product launch materials, product specifications and proof statements
• Assist with the development of promotional materials
• Present technical seminars, webinars and scientific posters; participate in scientific conferences and exhibitions
• Develop and produce manuals and application notes regarding the use of Swift products
• Develop and produce brochures, white papers and web copy on Swift products
• Develop training and educational materials
• Produce scientific papers regarding the use of Swift products
• Establish, develop and maintain relationships with key customers and opinion leaders in molecular diagnostics (MDx) and Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
• Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the life science market, trends, competitors and their products, and technologies that are complimentary to or compete with Swift’s products
• Stay abreast of competitive developments in NGS and MDx; develop analyses of competitor products; maintain files/database of competitive products
• Manage beta testing activities
• Work with collaborators
• Work with researchers to integrate our products or technologies with other products
• Identify new life science applications and new markets for Swift products and technologies
• Recommend strategies and tactics to capitalize on market opportunities and counteract the competition
• Maintain applications information on customers in Swift’s customer database
• Support the Swift sales team
• Participate in project teams
• Perform other duties as required
This position reports to the Chief Commercial Officer.
• PhD in the life sciences, preferably molecular biology or biochemistry.
• Must be proficient in nucleic acid experimentation, especially qPCR.
• Special consideration given to familiarity and/or experience with next generation sequencing (NGS) experimentation and analysis.
• A minimum of three years of proven scientific experience. Previous applications support experience in the life sciences highly desirable. Previous experience in a start-up or small life science supply company is also desirable
• The ability to comprehend the Swift’s technology and relate this information to potential customers in an effective manner
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines and manage projects within a matrix
• Willingness and ability to travel as required
To submit your resume, please go to www.swiftbiosci.com/company/careers and follow the on-line instructions.
Swift Biosciences is a small, fast-moving company focused on developing innovative enabling technologies for genomics and personalized medicine. Swift is applying its unique technologies to improving molecular diagnostics and Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) sample preparation. We have an excellent team and are seeking to add more people with specific skills, creativity and energy. Swift Biosciences a great place to work; we have fun together and take pride in our accomplishments.