Genomic Health is a global healthcare company that provides actionable genomic information to personalize cancer treatment decisions. The company's lead product, the Oncotype DX® breast cancer test, has been shown to predict the likelihood of chemotherapy benefit as well as recurrence in invasive breast cancer and has been shown to predict the likelihood of recurrence in ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS).
In addition to this widely adopted test, Genomic Health provides the Oncotype DX colon cancer test, the first multi-gene expression test developed for the assessment of risk of recurrence in patients with stage II and stage III disease. Genomic Health has a robust pipeline focused on developing tests to optimize the treatment of prostate and renal cell cancers, as well as additional treatment decisions in breast and colon cancers. The company is based in Redwood City, California with European headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland.
For more information, please visit, www.GenomicHealth.com. To learn more about Oncotype DX tests, visit: www.OncotypeDX.com and www.mybreastcancertreatment.org
The senior HR Business Partner aligns human resources processes, programs and systems with the business strategies and objectives. The successful Senior HR Business Partner acts as a coach and consultant for employees and managers regarding the application of total rewards; learning and development; individual and team performance; organization design; and talent management processes and programs. This position supports the US Commercial and Corporate Staff organizations. The position reports to the HR Director, Global Commercial, IT and Learning and Development.
Organization Leadership/Business Partner:
Understand the industry environment and the strategic and annual plans for the units and groups supported. Identify and address human resources issues and opportunities which may affect the execution of these plans. Consult with the HR Director and leaders in the development of solutions, action plans, and measures of success.
Organization Development and Employee Engagement:
Identify and apply tactics to ensure engagement and alignment of employees across the organizations supported. Assist leaders in developing effective structures, systems and skills to support their business goals and talent requirements. Apply change management processes as appropriate to sustain collaboration and a work environment that encourages ongoing improvements and innovation. Lead talent review, performance management, team development, culture/work environment survey and action planning processes. Measure effectiveness and communicate results to the management teams on a quarterly basis.
Anticipate, identify, and facilitate resolution of employee relations issues. Act as an internal consultant for employees and management in these situations. Work with colleagues in HR, legal, and others as appropriate to ensure high quality solutions consistent with GHI Values, federal, state and local laws. Conduct thorough, objective investigations as needed. Provide HR Policy guidance and interpretation to clients.
Learning and Development:
Identify appropriate learning and development solutions for individuals, teams, and organizations supported. Work with leaders and employees to create meaningful development and career plans. Participate in the development and delivery of HR training offerings for GHI.
Total Rewards Management:
In partnership with our HR Specialist Teams, assist in the development, implementation and communication of total rewards programs and processes. Help identify and develop innovative reward/recognition programs which address the unique needs of the organization.
In partnership with the Talent Acquisition Team, assist in the interviewing of candidates, and in the onboarding of new employees. Support the leaders in conducting the talent review process and in planning for future talent and skills sets to stay competitive and anticipate emerging capabilities.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in business, HR or related field. Must have a minimum of 10+ years of business partner experience or 5 years of business partner experience and 5 years of specialty experience in compensation, OD/LD, or Employee Relations. Demonstrated success in leading a team or unit change initiative or program is required. Prefer a HR/Industrial Relations Masters, MBA, or related graduate program and relevant industry experience.
- 8-10 years of progressively responsible experience in HR with knowledge in organization design and development, total rewards, performance management, change management, talent management, team development and learning strategies and employee relations.
- Successful track record of building trust and productive relationships at all levels of the company. Strong communication and influence skills are required.
- Successful track-record in implementing processes/programs: talent development systems, team development, values development, recognition programs, diversity and inclusion, etc.
- Demonstrated skill in operating in a global matrix environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects and teams.
- Successful track record supporting a fast-paced sales organization is required. Life-science/ biotech or technology industries preferred.
- Recognized as a team player. Demonstrated team leadership skills along with strong collaboration skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to productively manage conflict, mediate, and influence in a positive manner
Effective in developing and implementing employee engagement strategies and tactics.
- Results-oriented; ability to prioritize rapidly; strong problem solving skills; strong analysis/decision-making skills; and ability to manage multiple projects across various organizations
- Recognized as key resource for employees and managers. Demonstrated ability to build trust, and operates with a sense of humor, humility, courage, passion, and integrity for the benefit of the organization.
- 15-20% travel required.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE