KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Will design and implement new algorithms, applications, and infrastructure to engineer the computational infrastructure underlying the diabetes genetics portal
- Collaborates with peers with biological, computational, and outreach domain knowledge to design and implement applications and visualization infrastructure for a large scale human genetics data portal
- Will rapidly prototype and validate using novel data sets, tools and infrastructure and instantiate into software for use by the broader community
- Maintains, upgrades, fixes, and reviews product source codes
- Prepare written reports and presentations for internal use and publication
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
- 2 to 5 years software development experience.
SKILLS / TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE / CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience developing distributed software infrastructure
- Prior biological experience a plus but not required
- Capable of understanding and translating high-level scientific goals into concrete computational approaches
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with other scientists on computational research in a fast-paced environment.
- Must enable the research of other program scientists through excellent communication, teamwork, and a focus on creating usable and accessible research software tools.
- Must be capable of working in an interactive team environment while conducting self-directed research within broader goals set by group.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE