The Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard is looking for an exceptional candidate to join the Project Achilles and the Cancer Program as an Associate Computational Biologist. The overarching goal of Project Achilles is to identify cancer vulnerabilities and their genetic and molecular context by performing systematic loss of function screens in well annotated cancer cell lines. The Project Achilles Team includes a multi-disciplinary group of biologists, computational scientists, clinicians and system engineers. The Broad Institute provides a vibrant research environment with close links to MIT, Harvard and the Harvard-affiliated hospitals across Boston.
This individual will support the activities of the Project Achilles team and the Cancer Program and serve as a critical liaison between cancer biologists and computational biologists working on shared research objectives. They will be integral in helping program scientists execute and interpret analyses of Project Achilles data. Responsibilities may also include running data analysis and quality control pipelines, extending prototype-level analysis code to enable wider use by cancer biologists, and data management tasks.
- Enable the research of program scientists through excellent organization, communication and teamwork. Assist scientists with access to and analysis of functional genomic datasets.
- Support ongoing analytic efforts of the project team.
- Run existing analysis software and scripts as needed, while keeping excellent records.
- Write and communicate findings to others in a clear manner.
- B.S. in life sciences, physical sciences or computational sciences
- Experience working in a UNIX environment and with scientific computing programs (Matlab or R) required.
- Knowledge of computational analysis and statistics necessary.
- Knowledge of cancer biology and/or cancer genomics strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with modern scripting or programming languages (Perl, Python or C) strongly preferred.
- Ability to clearly communicate with multidisciplinary scientific staff in a fast-paced environment required
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE