The Broad community comprises some 1000 employees and an equal number of associated researchers, scientists and academic trainees at other institutions all focused on collaborative biomedical research leveraging the Institute’s expertise in genomics, disease biology, and chemical biology. The research activities of the Broad are data-intensive (the Institute’s network data stores presently top ten petabytes) and are subject to regulatory and ethical oversight.
Reporting to the CIO and serving as member of the IT leadership team, the Manager of Information Security will be responsible for definition and execution of strategic and tactical goals as they pertain to the evaluation, recommendation, design, installation, and maintenance of security systems and controls in a complex and dynamic regulatory and technical environment. The Manager of Information Security will lead a team of 2-4 information security and network engineers in implementing and managing this security infrastructure and ensuring its continued development to meet evolving regulatory needs and changing threat landscape.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Develops initiatives and goals to achieve strategic objectives
- Develops and documents information security policies and procedures and drives implementation
- Works with administrative and research staff to understand all information sharing needs
- Monitors operation of security systems and regularly audits all security controls.
- Manages vendor relationships to ensure successful execution of projects and realization of return on investment
- Provides effective leadership to a team of Information Security and Network Engineers
- Hires and retains talent in order to achieve strategic goals
- Provides regular feedback on performance, and coaches and mentors staff to optimize performance, engagement, and professional development
- Serves as member of IT leadership team
This position supervises 2-4 team leaders and is responsible for 15-20 staff overall.
- Required Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, Business Administration, or a related subject, Preferred Master’s degree
- Four to six years of progressively responsible leadership experience, ideally in an academic or healthcare environment, with an emphasis on information security.
- CISSP certification required.
The Broad Institute will not offer visa sponsorship for this opportunity.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE