Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Complete Genomics designs and implements complex instrument systems to automate the many phases of Genomic DNA sample preparation and sequencing. We seek a new Director of Fluidics Systems, reporting to the VP of Engineering, that will oversee a team comprising members from a variety of engineering and scientific disciplines.
The Challenge: In this position, you will be responsible for the definition, design, development, verification, and validation of automated fluidics systems for the preparation and execution of complex chemical processes associated with multiple applications within Complete Genomics’ suite of genomic analyses. These systems range from semiconductor process based flow cell consumables to large scale capital equipment instrument systems and laboratory automation capable of processing 100K to 1M samples annually.
Your Experience: Proven successes in the development and launch of complex fluidic systems incorporating low cost consumables with high precision and accuracy fluid management controls. Demonstrated ability to define system requirements; analyze concepts for reliability and ease of use, and develop those concepts into functional prototypes, pilot and production units in a cross functional team environment.
Your Leadership Skills: Open communication style. Ability to thrive in a dynamic, cross functional environment. Ability to distinguish wants from needs and deliver on needs while meeting as many wants as possible. Proven leadership in a team environment.
• PhD (desired) or M.S., and 10 + years relevant experience in Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Semiconductor or related fields such as Genetics/Genomics, Molecular or Physical Chemistry, Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical Engineering, or Fluid Mechanics.
• The ability to apply principles from many or all of these fields towards design, development and production processes.
• Experienced in technical and financial management or contract design and manufacturing partners.
• Five (5) + years of direct project or program management
• Team building - including organizing and staffing functional teams
• Experience with fluidic systems in both macro and micro volume and surface geometries in the nano scale; flowcell experience strongly desired.
• Ability to translate requirements for biochemical processes into project and product requirements.
• Experience with molecular biology reagents and surface preparation strongly desired.
Complete Genomics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources.
Complete Genomics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Complete Genomics and will be processed accordingly without fee.
Complete Genomics has the sole discretion to determine with whom we will enter into a contract. If you wish to work with Complete Genomics, please contact the Human Resources department at directly.
Complete Genomics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Complete Genomics is the whole human genome sequencing company that has developed and commercialized an innovative DNA sequencing service. The Complete Genomics Analysis Platform (CGA™ Platform) combines Complete Genomics’ proprietary human genome sequencing technology with advanced informatics and data management software. Additional information can be found at http://www.completegenomics.com.