As a member of the Cepheid R&D organization, this Associate Scientist will be an integral part of a team developing, trouble-shooting, and improving real-time PCR based IVD products that will enter the FDA approval process.
- This will be primarily a hands-on, bench level position with key responsibilities in the area of real-time PCR assays.
- The successful candidate must have a strong general science background in several disciplines and possess skills associated with IVD product development.
- The candidate will be involved in all aspects of assay development including evaluation and development of nucleic acid isolation methods from different sample types, testing and development of highly multiplexed, real-time PCR and RT-PCR assays, creating and validating test methods and integration of assays with instrument systems.
- The candidate must be capable of hands-on work at the bench, and able to work with a team in a fast-paced environment.
- This position requires an individual who can produce clear, understandable documentation.
- This position requires a self-driven and flexible contributor who can allocate time and resources efficiently, effectively prioritize, and continually seek ways to improve individual and corporate efficiency.
- BS degree in Molecular Biology or scientific discipline.
- Minimum of 7 - 8 years industry experience.
- Must have some experience in the design and development of real-time PCR assays.
- Experience in handling and processing oligonucleotides, nucleic acids, and enzymes for the purpose of completing reagent optimization, and establishing product specifications both for manufacturing and product claims.
- Experience in handling various biological sample types is a requirement (i.e. blood, tissue, etc).
- Experience in BSL2 lab required.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel, statistical software (MiniTab and JMP), sequence design software, and literature search technology required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and proven interpersonal and team skills are required.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE