Key requirements for this role would be:
• An individual with proven ability to develop information systems through entire SDLC: design, development, testing and installation of software solutions
• Proven experience with programming languages commonly used in bioinformatics (e.g. Python, Ruby, Perl, C++, Java).
• Experience with popular programming and visualization frameworks and bioinformatics libraries (e.g., BioPython, Bioconductor, Ruby on Rails, d3.js, node.js)
• Experience with software programming management and lifecycle tools (e.g., Trac, Git/Github, unit testing frameworks)
• Experience with relational (e.g., MySQL) and non-relational (e.g., MongoDB, HBase) databases.
• Experience with HPC, distributed computing and large datasets (Big Data)
• Linux expertise and administration (AWS experience is a plus).
• Strong preference will be given to individuals who have demonstrated the ability to utilize statistics and statistical programming languages, such as R, as well as machine learning and knowledge mining technologies, such as Weka.
• Excellent written and oral presentation skills
• Effective communication with cross functional scientific teams
• A preference will be given to individuals with a background in healthcare and/or biomedical research with a comprehensive appreciation of the human genome
• A solid degree in Computer Science of related discipline
• Project team management expertise.
• A collaborative and self-motivated individual
Qualified candidates are strong software engineers who are looking for a role that will challenge their analytical and problem solving skills in the rapidly emerging industry of big data and drug repositioning. Please send your resume and a brief cover letter to email@example.com. We offer a very competitive salary. NuMedii values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.