The bioinformatics/biostatistics core facility (platform) of the IHU-A-ICM is involved in developing and disseminating analysis methods for a variety of data: genetics, genomics, transcriptomics, epigenomics, metabolomics, clinical observations and medical imaging. The integrative analysis of such multimodal and high-dimensional data requires specialized information systems and specific statistical methodologies. The platform aims both to provide scientists and physicians with an expert analytical support, and to devise innovative bioinformatics and biostatistics tools.
The bioinformatics/biostatistics platform is seeking a bioinformatician engineer (fixed-term contract 18 months, possibly followed by a permanent position) specialized in the analysis of genetic and genomic data produced with high-throughput technologies (SNP and CNV genotyping, case-control studies, whole exome/genome analysis, etc.). He/she will be involved in:
- • Providing scientific and clinical partners of the platform with methodological advice and expert assistance in the design, interpretation and visualization of their genetic/genomic studies
- • Defining and implementing standardized procedures for QC and first level analysis
- • Selecting and developing specialized computer tools and graphical user interfaces for genome data handling and analysis
- • Contributing to the scientific and technological watch and evolution of the platform
- • Communicating scientific results and offering training in analysis methods and software