Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
As a Process Development Engineer, you will provide technical leadership in process development/improvement and sustaining efforts of a high volume/high mix reagent production environment. You will work with R & D, Quality, Production and other engineering groups to develop processes for new products, sustain and improve processes for existing products, and transfer processes and products globally.
• Participate in process sustaining, definition and improvement, design, development and quality test activities in the formulation, filling, testing and packaging of reagents.
• Troubleshoot production line issues related to yield, quality and throughput.
• Construct and execute controlled experiments (including DOE's) to optimize processes, address yield and quality issues and drive implementation of solutions in a production environment to meet production goals.
• Conduct controlled process optimization experiments for release into production environment. Analyze process test results, issues reports and make technical recommendations.
• Represent production technical needs on development teams.
• Define technical requirements and write procedures to enable production to process product.
Education and Experience:
• B.S./M.S./ PhD in Chemical, Biochemical, Bioengineering or MS/PhD in Materials Science, Biochemistry or Chemistry with at least 5 years of relevant experience in production or research in support/sustaining, process definition, design, scale-up, improvement and validation.
• Work experience in the biotech, pharmaceutical or chemical industries is desirable.
• Knowledge of sequencing or enzymatic chemistry is desirable.
• Working understanding of reverse-phase and ion-exchange separation is a plus
• Experience with synthesis of oligonucleotides is a plus
• Experience with chemical processes (preferably organic) preferred.
• Experience with Statistical Process Control and DOE techniques is a plus,
• Experience with high volume production in a high tech consumables industry is a plus.
• High level computer skills are required. Intermediate level programming knowledge is strongly desired.
• Experience with product development processes and project management is a plus.
• Good interdepartmental communication skills and documentation skills are required.
• Demonstrated ability to accomplish goals while working across departments is required.
Illumina is an Equal Opportunity Employer