- Five or more years of bioinformatics experience.
-Strong knowledge of bioinformatics fundamentals.
- Previous experience manipulating, analyzing, and annotating very large genomic data sets, both in exploratory and pipelined fashions.
-Software skills appropriate for the bioinformatics analyses including experience in scripting (Perl/Python, SQL, etc.) and programming with at least one of the following languages, C, C++, C#, Java).
- Experience collaborating with software engineers in specifying and validating tools useful for bioinformatics analyses.
- Experience QCing and troubleshooting automated analyses and annotations of sequencing data.
- Strong statistical analysis and visualization skills (R/SAS, etc.).
- Previous experience with DNA sequence, variation, and annotation databases. (dbSNP, refSeq, CCDS, UCSC, Ensembl, GO, etc.).
- Familiarity with previous and next-generation DNA sequencing and genotyping technologies. Experience with and opinions about what will make customers successful in using NGS data.
- Advanced degree in CS, statistics, or bioinformatics (or biology or genetics, along with a very strong analytical background.) Commensurate experience accepted for exceptional candidates.
- Industry experience and a good fit to the culture of a venture-backed startup company.
- Superior cross-functional collaboration and communication skills.
Complete Genomics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources.
Complete Genomics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Complete Genomics and will be processed accordingly without fee.
Complete Genomics has the sole discretion to determine with whom we will enter into a contract. If you wish to work with Complete Genomics, please contact the Human Resources department at email@example.com.
Complete Genomics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer