St Paul, MN
The Regional Oncogenomic Liaison (ROL) will develop and implement a plan to maximize the utilization of our products in the most productive (targeted) accounts while staying within budget.
The plan should support the corporate objectives and highlight the delivery of our key selling messages. It should also include providing a high-level of service toward being the best in class for an assay provider. The ROL plans are working documents used to solve challenging problems in a dynamic environment. The plans should emphasize the need to build & maintain comprehensive relationships and develop "key" contact & account records in GHI CRM system to manager these relationships with GHI.
To do this plan the ROL must have, or be able to quickly develop, a clear understanding of key territory-related clinical / political issues. The ROL will devote whatever time is necessary to complete objectives outlined in the sales plan.
The ROL will be required to successfully complete all training programs and deal proficiently with the concepts and complexities associated with genomic testing and with all GHI products. He/she should be able to invest the time necessary to maintain an in-depth understanding all disease states associated with our products and the strengths and weaknesses of our competition. The ROL should be able to successfully use this technical fluency to move target physicians and influencers to actions that will result in patient access and utilization of our products.
Professionalism and Commitment
The ROL strives for excellence in all aspects of his/her performance and is committed to continuous self-evaluation and development. The ROL is valued for his/her contribution to the organization, peers, and customers beyond sales/revenue production.
In addition, the ROL will be required to attend various sales meetings and professional conferences around the US on as needed basis. It will be critical for the ROL to work closely with sales management and marketing understand and communicate our product sales and marketing messages. As a stock holder the ROL will continuously be on the lookout for talented people to recruit to GHI and may be asked to assist in the interview process as well as other support activities such as public relations efforts.
Communication - External/Internal
The ROL provides information critical to accomplishing the GHI mission to "all" parties involved in the sales of our products. The ROL will provide direct feedback to individuals so they can make accurate decisions at all levels of the company (national, regional & area teams). The ROL will work with Managed Care, Reimbursement, patients (including patient support groups), GHI Advocacy group and providers to insure access to our products.
- 5+ years of sales within Oncology is REQUIRED
- Recent experience and relationships at Mayo Clinic strongly preferred
- 10+ years' sales experience in selling with a strong record of success promoting complex products in medical oncology and/or diagnostics or similar experience in selling/marketing products in complex Biotech products.
- Have a tight relationship or demonstrated ability to quickly develop one with national opinion leaders in oncology and pathology within their target territory.
- Deep understanding (or strong ability to quickly learn) and familiarity with clinical research in cancer..
- Competitive candidates will be comfortable with investigators and may have worked as MSL's.
- Proven large territory or large account management skills.
- Management and/or team lead experience will be a big plus as is Marketing / Managed Care experience.
- Small company and/or start up experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- A plus to have a life science degree / clinical exp.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE