Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron markets medicines for eye diseases, colorectal cancer, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including hypercholesterolemia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, allergic asthma, and atopic dermatitis.
The IT System Engineer / Sr. Systems Engineer is responsible for the implementation and ongoing management and operations of IT systems that support the company’s various functions. The Sr. Systems Engineer ensures the stability, integrity and efficient operation of the company’s IT systems. This is achieved via implementing, optimizing, supporting and monitoring of the company’s IT systems. The Sr. Systems Engineer will apply communication, analytical, and problem solving skills to identify, communicate and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefits of the company’s IT systems investments. This position contributes to the development of strategic plans and budget and staffing recommendations.
This position will work closely with the overall IT department to plan and execute projects. This position will be very dynamic and require a person that is able to work in a very team-oriented environment yet take ownership of the responsibilities of this position. Off-hours work is required.
- Provide Senior Level Technical Expertise in the design and Engineering of IT systems
- Collection and analysis of requirements needed for new systems deployment
- Perform continuous analysis of IT systems and make recommendations to improve security, scalability, performance and availability
- Manage process for hardware and software upgrades
- Generate documentation for IT systems including SOPs, logical network diagrams, and component inventories
- Mentor operations personnel
- Strong technical competency with Microsoft Operating Systems and Technologies
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory design and implementation
- Strong technical competency with server hardware and configurations
- Experience with Design and Implementation of Citrix Technologies (Xenapp, Xendesktop)
- Experience with Internet technologies (IP, DNS, SSL, LDAP)
- Experience with System Center Configuration Manager
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies is a plus
- Knowledge of Storage technologies is a plus
- Strong Organizational Skills, including the ability to manage time and multiple tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to changing business requirements
- B.S. in computer science or a related technical field of study
- 6-8+ years’ experience with systems management/administration
- Industry certifications are a plus (i.e. Microsoft, VMware, Security, etc.)
Some off-hours work will be necessary and must be scheduled according to the business requirements for system uptime. Some off-hours support is also required
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry.
Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all recruitment agencies: Regeneron is using the agency management company, Candex - www.candex.com. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Regeneron as a result of the referral or through other means.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and is an affirmative action employer.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE