Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Genomic Health is a global healthcare company that provides actionable genomic information to personalize cancer treatment decisions. The company's lead product, the Oncotype DX® breast cancer test, has been shown to predict the likelihood of chemotherapy benefit as well as recurrence in invasive breast cancer and has been shown to predict the likelihood of recurrence in ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS). In addition to this widely adopted test, Genomic Health provides the Oncotype DX colon cancer test, the first multi-gene expression test developed for the assessment of risk of recurrence in patients with stage II and stage III disease.
Genomic Health has a robust pipeline focused on developing tests to optimize the treatment of prostate and renal cell cancers, as well as additional treatment decisions in breast and colon cancers. The company is based in Redwood City, California with European headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. For more information, please visit, www.GenomicHealth.com. To learn more about Oncotype DX tests, visit: www.OncotypeDX.com and www.mybreastcancertreatment.org
Reporting to the Vice President of International, the International Expansion Manager works within the company to advance the objectives and the vision for our International business. The primary responsibilities of this position will be to provide project management for various key initiatives, business analytics/key performance indicators (KPI), and coordination and support for business meetings. He/she will act on behalf of the VP to gather additional information on key programs/initiatives and make tactical and strategic recommendations for improvement. The International Expansion manager role requires an individual with a proven track record of success combined with project management experience, strong business acumen, and strong teaming skills.
This is a newly created position- responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead and project manage initiatives, projects, and programs within the International organization and/or across the company as assigned. Ensure timely execution of milestones in support of overall project objectives. Identify critical path items; anticipate needs and risks associated with project completion.
- Provide market analytics/KPIs to increase commercial effectiveness.
- Facilitate the identification and sharing of best practices in the organization; work towards improving the effectiveness of the Commercial organization.
- Assist in establishing accountability across teams by making sure appropriate milestones and measurements are built into business and project plans.
- Build and maintain mutually supportive relationships around the world with all levels of management, staff, and external agencies as required. Work to remove barriers that hamper inter- and intra- department communications.
- Provide objective, data-driven recommendations regarding marketing program priorities, improvements, and solutions.
- Attend meetings on behalf of the VP as assigned and ensure communication/information/ perspective is conveyed in alignment with the International business strategy. Keep the VP fully informed of meeting outcomes, action items and take appropriate initiative on assignments as a result of this representation.
- Anticipates the needs of the VP and his direct reports, providing appropriate partnership, guidance and support to ensure the teams are operating in an informed and efficient manner.
- 8+ years' experience in business, and project delivery.
- BA or BS required.
- Proven experience working closely with senior management
- Proven analytical skills
- Highly organized and able to drive to results with an emphasis on quality.
- Demonstrated communication skills, verbal, tact, composure and confidentiality in order to coordinate complex issues, schedule, travel, and logistical projects and programs.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with various levels within the organization and drive highly collaborative engagements.
- Sensitivity and understanding of cross-cultural/global issues as they relate to people and processes. A positive mental attitude to daily tasks; a net contributor to overall morale.
- Presentation skills: ability to prepare and deliver effective, clear presentations.
- Computer skills: word processing, spreadsheets, familiarity with databases, creating templates.
- Writing skills: memos, letters, data analyses, with proper grammar and spelling.
- Experience working outside of the US.
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Travel Requirements: 20%
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE