Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Health, Dental & Vision Insurance; 401(k); Generous paid time off; Flexible schedule
Golden Helix is a leader in genetic research software tools and services. We’re known for helping researchers overcome the obstacles that keep them from making novel discoveries and significant publications. Our business is growing, creating the need to expand our team.
We are looking for a savvy and polished sales rep to drive software renewals and generate revenue by selling additional functionality or licenses to our install base. Renewals are a significant percentage of Golden Helix’ revenue; this is an important and highly visibly role. If you have phone sales experience and are comfortable selling complex statistical software to smart and sophisticated customers, and want to work at a company where you’ll have a major impact, this could be the right job for you.
As a member of the sales team, you will drive software renewals for our customer base, maintaining or increasing the renewal rate. You will also contact customers to proactively sell additional functionality or additional licenses, and generate referrals for new business. You will have the opportunity to follow up with customers who attend marketing events, including webcasts, workshops or tradeshows.
In return we offer:
- Competitive pay (base + commission), generous paid time off, health insurance, 401(k), and a flexible work schedule.
- Internal growth opportunities.
- An exciting role at a professional, well-respected and exciting company, staffed with highly skilled, entrepreneurial colleagues, all while living in one of the most beautiful places on earth.
- A chance to have a direct impact on the growth of our company and the leading edge research of our customers.
- Inside sales (phone sales) experience, with Business-to-Business or Business-to-Academia preferred.
- Preferred sales experience in biotechnology, specifically genetics software.
- Savvy and polished – must be able to sell complex technical solutions to a sophisticated user base.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability and desire to quickly learn genetics and statistics domain knowledge.
- Organized, self-motivated and results-driven.
- Must love nerds. Or better yet, be one!
Sell us on why you’re the right person for the job! Upload your resume and cover letter at our website: www.goldenhelix.com/Company/careers and click on the link for Account Manager-Install Base.
Founded in 1998 in Bozeman, Montana, Golden Helix is a leading bioinformatics company that enables the world’s leading researchers to find or diagnose the genetic causes of disease, drug safety, and drug efficacy – advancing the promises of personalized medicine. Using Golden Helix’ genetic analysis software and analytic services, these researchers are able to make sense of complex, expensive genetic data, turning it into novel, actionable findings. Further, leveraging core competencies in genetic analysis and predictive analytics, Golden Helix develops complex genetic diagnostic and cytogenetic solutions that enable the diagnosis or prediction of disease. Golden Helix’ clients include several of the top ten pharmaceutical companies (including GlaxoSmithKline, Johnson & Johnson, and Roche), numerous biotechs, and over 100 academic and government research organizations around the world.