Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
The Genome Analytics group within Trait Informatics at DuPont-Pioneer focuses on the development and application of next-generation sequencing approaches for genetic discovery and product development. This group contributes to research programs and centers located across Dupont.
We are looking for a highly motivated computational biologist in the field of microbial genomics. The successful applicant should be proficient in Next-Gen Sequence analysis, with expertise in genome annotation, variation detection, and comparative genomics. In addition, the applicant should have a strong intuitive understanding of microbial physiology and processes.
As part of this team, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing data analysis capabilities, consultation, and expertise to researchers utilizing NGS data for applied microbial genomics. This person will partner with the sequencing lab, software developers, and computational biologists to provide bioinformatics solutions and support. A critical aspect of this position involves working with teams across multiple locations, and will require effective project coordination and communication skills. This is an exciting opportunity for candidates with strong data driven skills and who want to work at the interface of computational and experimental biology.
• Apply state-of-the-art tools for assembly, alignment, and analysis of NGS data.
• Assist in the design of sequencing experiments catered to the research goals of the project.
• Apply and develop tools for microbial genome annotation and curation.
• Contribute the development of innovative pipelines for NGS data analysis and interfaces for researchers to explore results.
• Provide feedback to the sequencing lab and assist with new method development.
• PhD in Microbiology, Genetics, Bioinformatics, Computer Science or a related field.
• Expertise with next-generation sequencing data and strong computer skills, preferably in the context of microbial genomics.
• Expertise for state-of-the-art tools for genome assembly and finishing, variation detection, comparative genomics, metagenomics, or genome annotation would be highly desirable.
• Experience with large-scale data management or data visualization would be a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Highly motivated with strong problem solving skills and capable of working both independently and in multifunctional team settings.
To apply go to http://biosciences.dupont.com/careers/search-jobs/job/singlejob/sr-resea... or contact email@example.com for additional information.
This position will part of Pioneer Bioinformatics and provide analysis and support for NGS data users in Dupont Industrial BioSciences.