Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
If you are looking for an uncommon opportunity -- a chance to join an organization known for its scientific excellence in the research and development of pharmaceuticals -- it's time to consider Regeneron.
Regeneron is a fully integrated biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron markets three products in the United States, EYLEA® (aflibercept) Injection, ZALTRAP® (ziv-aflibercept) Injection for Intravenous Infusion, and ARCALYST® (rilonacept) Injection for Subcutaneous Use; ZALTRAP is co-commercialized with Sanofi. Phase 3 studies are in progress with EYLEA in two additional indications and with product candidates sarilumab and REGN727. Regeneron has active research and development programs in many disease areas, including ophthalmology, inflammation, cancer, and hypercholesterolemia.
Primarily responsible for the GMP manufacturing facility lifecycle and operations within, including but not limited to: planning, finance, budget development, design, construction management, startup, validation, regulatory compliance, maintenance, procurements, outside service contracts, permits, safety, calibrations, daily operations, new product development, manufacturing and commercialization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide management and technical consultation to employees, contractors, and consultants across the Rensselaer site in the support of engineering, utilities, maintenance, CAPEX, and facilities/manufacturing related projects, contracts and ongoing operations;
- Plan annual engineering/facilities budget and develop/negotiate contracts with service providers;
- Manage multiple concurrent capital projects;
- Responsible for all aspects of planning and executing projects, in consideration of GMP regulatory Compliance and EH&S expectations;
- Develop CAPEX proposals and 5-year capital improvement plan;
- Direct cross-functional teams to meet manufacturing needs;
- Resolve technical problems during design phase to limit construction change orders;
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert in site utilities, including but not limited to HVAC, Purified Water, Electrical Systems (Utility, Generator and UPS), Compressed Air, Nitrogen, Chilled Water, Heating Hot Water, Steam/Condensate and Sewer; - Develop and update SOPs related to new and existing systems;
- Participate in development and commercialization of new technologies.
Knowledge and Specialized Skills:
- Ability to work independently and within teams to identify and resolve issues associated with the ongoing operations;
- Demonstrated flexibility in organizing work and priorities;
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written skills;
- Good understanding of word processing, spreadsheet, and database management software.
Education and Experience:
- BS in Engineering required
- Minimum 10 years of engineering, maintenance, manufacturing, and project management experience in the Biopharmaceutical industry required;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in maintaining regulatory compliance through audits, validation, change management, risk assessments, qualified drawings, corrective action plans, FMEA, and deviation support;
- Building Management System (BMS) and Environmental Management System (EMS) experience.
*Title level (Associate Manager, Manager, or Sr. Manager) will be determined based on skills and experience.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including stock incentives, 401k with company match as well as the expected health and welfare benefits. Comprehensive relocation benefits are available, as required.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply to us today and find out what we mean when we say that, at Regeneron, we have an unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
Regeneron is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Regeneron as a result of the referral or through other means. Moving forward, Regeneron is using the agency management company, Candex - www.candex.com
ARCALYST, EYLEA, and ZALTRAP are trademarks of Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE