The Supply Chain Program Manager is a motivated process driven individual that will work in collaboration with various cross functional team members. This individual will effectively assess risks to the supply chain and develop contingencies and determine when to escalate issues. The Supply Chain Program Manager will additionally develop an in-depth understanding of the supply chain, associated technologies and Manufacturing processes in order to recommend solutions to current issues as well as improvements to the entire supply chain. Initial responsibilities will be focused on building Cepheid's consumable parts molding process and parts supply. The successful individual will work with engineering on existing molds and tooling and coordinate with Production Control and Purchasing on the high level management of Cepheid's consumable parts.
- Coordinate with Consumables Engineering, Production, Planning, and Purchasing to prioritize and drive the qualification and re-qualification of injection molding tooling used to manufacture Cepheid proprietary consumables.
- Strategically manage Cepheid's High Volume Consumables Tooling program.
- Develop and implement supply chain plans for new product introductions, promotions and deletions.
- Create component demand forecasts based on historical usage patterns and Marketing requirements.
- Work with suppliers, Production Control and Manufacturing on product plans to support product requirements.
- Proactively evaluate risks to the supply chain plan effectiveness regarding suppliers and components and identify and evaluate potential factors and occurrences that could adversely impact product availability.
- Identify, recommend, develop and implement tools and enhancements to supply chain systems and processes to improve Supply Chain efficiency, new product and component management and performance.
- Lead suppliers in developing advanced supply chain processes to improve the management of inventory levels, risk mitigation, and supplier/Cepheid efficiency.
- Analyze, consolidate, and report demand and supply plans at the component / supplier level.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or in Supply Chain is preferred. Or, equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level.
- 7 + years of experience in Corporate Planning, Raw Materials or Supply Chain Mgmt within manufacturing. Experience to include supply and demand analysis, purchasing, logistics, capacity planning, inventory management (levels, purchases, consumption), risk mitigation, and supplier efficiency.
- Strong analysis and planning skills with an emphasis in supply chain, forecasting or logistics; project management experience helpful.
- Solid experience with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Supplier negotiations and contract review experience.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- The ability to influence without direct line authority and constructively challenge cross-functional project teams and business partners to achieve project goals.
- A proven track record of meeting project objectives by successfully managing, tracking and implementing successful strategies in regards to scope, quality, time and cost.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE