• Masters Degree or higher in physical, engineering or computational sciences with 5+ years of bioinformatics experience or Doctorate (or equivalent experience) in the life sciences with significant programming experience.
• 3+ years of experience in the life sciences as primary or secondary research field
• Hands on experience in developing and carrying out data analytical strategies and pipelines in the context of genomics.
• Experience in handling and analyzing large data sets from high-throughput platforms such as Next-Generation-Sequencing is a must.
• Experience/general proficiency with use of web services, relevant programatic languages (e.g., perl, python, java) and statistical languages (e.g. R, SAS, MATLAB) plus currently used tools (e.g. BWA, TopHat, GATK, Cytoscape)
• Must be able to understand and translate life scientist researchers' scientific goals into analytical strategies and process requirements.
• Must be able to function as part of an interactive team while demonstrating self-initiative to achieve project's goals and group's mission.
• Excellent oral and written English communication and inter-personal skills
• Research background in genomics, genetics, molecular biology or computational biology
• Experience with Next Generation Sequencing genomics research applications, data analysis and data management
• Critical and independent thinking
• Strong general computational and programming skills (Perl, Python, Java, C/C++), database programming skills (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle) and competence with UNIX shell environment.
• Data modeling skills are highly desirable.