Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Pacific Biosciences is looking for a person with a strong statistics background and programing experience to join our team Manufacturing Engineering team to mine & analyze large data sets. The goal of this position is to make connections between DNA sequencing metrics and Manufacturing processes and metrology.
• Work very closely with Process Engineers in both Manufacturing Engineering and R&D with the goal to correlate process conditions with product specifications.
• Integration of DNA sequencing data with all upstream manufacturing processes & metrology
• Draw data correlations between existing and new manufacturing procedures and processes
• Optimization of metrology methods and sampling to improve predictive power
• Maintain existing software & data management systems and develop improvements to these systems
• Mine large data sets and identify useful trends
• Interface with a broad range of functional groups from the researchers, to manufacturing and outside suppliers
• Very strong statistical analysis and experimental design capability
• Ability to embrace a broad spectrum of technologies and develop a fundamental understanding and their role in the performance of an integrated system
• Database skills with the ability to mine the data for anomalies, trends, outliers and correlations
• Experience working with Process Engineers
• Strong collaborative and team work attributes with active communication and good documentation skills
• Software development experience with a variety of environments (C#, C++, SQL, Java)
• Demonstrated experience in product transition from research to development and production is a plus
• Excellent organization and written and verbal communication skills
Pacific Biosciences’ mission is to transform the way humankind acquires, processes and interprets data from living systems through the design, development and commercialization of innovative tools for biological research. The company has developed a novel approach to studying the synthesis and regulation of DNA, RNA and protein. Combining recent advances in nanofabrication, biochemistry, molecular biology, surface chemistry and optics, Pacific Biosciences has created a powerful technology platform called single molecule, real-time, or SMRT™, technology. SMRT technology enables real-time analysis of biomolecules with single molecule resolution, which has the potential to transform the understanding of biological systems by providing a window into these systems that has not previously been open for scientific study.