Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
full range of benefits
Senior Linux Administrator
Medical Science & Computing
Medical Science & Computing, Inc. (MSC) is a small business, dedicated to providing scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a long history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH). MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
We are currently searching for a Senior Linux Administrator to support the NIH. This is a full-time position located at the NIH Campus in Bethesda, MD.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform as a senior member of the system administration team to support the installation, optimization, integration, troubleshooting, backup, recovery, modifications, security, and upgrading of IT systems and components to provide services that enable customers to effectively apply IT to business requirements.
• Exhibit knowledge of tools and mechanisms for distributing new and upgraded software to ensure customers receive current versions of supported software, as they become available.
• Work with others senior staff to recommend and design systems architecture and topology from both general and specific perspectives.
• Design, implement, and evaluate current and future infrastructure initiatives for the highest level of efficiency and performance
• General Administration of Unix/Linux - Installation, Users Creation, Group Creation, Permissions, Creations of Folders, Mail/SMTP, Web (Apache, Tomcat), FTP, DNS, Proxy, Samba, Firewall (NAT, IP Tables, Packet Filter, IP Filter), LDAP, NFS, NIS, NFS/CIFS/FCP
• Perform problem diagnosis, troubleshooting and resolution
• Perform new hardware and Linux OS installations, patching and upgrades
• Maintain operating systems and associated infrastructure software
• Design and document SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) for system administration activities
• Install and maintain Server OS and configuration using tools automated installation like Kickstart and Configuration Management tools like Puppet
• Work closely with various IT groups including but not limited to project management, database administration, network and security teams, application team and assist in overall architectural design, implementation and troubleshooting
• BS in Computer Science or Engineering or information systems or related field (or equivalent experience) required
• 7+ years Linux systems administration experience specifically in managing or supporting RedHat and/or Centos Linux in production environments
• Scripting skills: Highly skilled in a at least two typical scripting languages (shell/bash, perl, python, ruby)
• Experience working with F5 web load balancing systems
• Experience of delivering services in a production environment following ITIL a plus
• Cloud Management/Virtualization (i.e. Amazon EC2 and S3 or others) experience a plus
• Experience supporting VMWARE infrastructure in a large enterprise environment.
• Experience configuring Linux guests in a VMware ESX environment
• SAN/NAS/Storage solutions experience with NetApp, NFS, or related technologies
• Ability to develop a complete disaster recovery and system backup plan with the responsibility of producing and maintaining all system documentation
• Expertise in developing automated scripts for monitoring or analyzing the operation of infrastructure, including Nagios scripts, log file reporting, Spacewalk/RedHat Satellite and Puppet scripts
• Must be able to participate in a 7/24/365 on-call rotation
• Must be able to work evenings and/or weekends and/or during change windows outside of normal business hours
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision, is self-motivated and able to define, plan and implement long-term goals, tasks and projects
• Ability to technically lead a project through the lifecycle and consult with the customer on business requirements
• Excellent problem solving, multitasking, troubleshooting skills and attention to details are required to work in this challenging and dynamic environment
• Very strong interpersonal, customer service, result oriented and team building skills are essential
• Have excellent communication skills – written, verbal, and presentation
EEO/AA – M/F/D/V
To apply, please send resume and salary requirement to: Debbie@MSCweb.com
EEO/AA – M/F/D/V
Medical Science & Computing, Inc will provide relocation expenses and sponsorship for H1B Visa if hired.
To learn more about our company, visit our website www.MSCweb.com