Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
This position requires both technical and interpersonal skills. As the first point of contact and support for the entire IT organization, the analyst must be able to explain technical issues to non-technical users. Primary duties of the Technical Support Analyst III include assessing incidents and requests and resolving issues when possible as well as assisting with more complex technical issues. The Analyst also participates in other desktop system work such as configuring and deploying new systems, maintaining existing hardware and software and assisting in employee moves.
- Following established procedures to independently manage incoming phone calls and electronic requests for service for internal GHI staff working locally and remotely in home offices.
- Solve incidents and requests or refer to other IT groups when necessary.
- Escalate incidents and requests as required to ensure quality service and within established service targets.
- Ensure that all interactions are documented via the electronic case management software with clear technical descriptions of incidents / requests, work done to resolve and indicating all client interactions.
- Support remote users via phone and remote management software.
- Support and manage desktops, laptops and PDA devices and shared resources such as printers, shared workstations, conference rooms, projectors and telephones.
- Build, configure, maintain and manage new and existing re new systems for employees.
- Maintain existing systems, and repair as needed.
- Read and thoroughly understand GHI policies. Attain a clear understanding of the additional security and privacy requirements of working in a regulated environment.
- Coordinate with various IT groups in resolving incidents and fulfilling requests based on established guidelines.
- Manage user accounts in Active Directory and other systems as required according to established policies and procedures.
- Generate customer facing and engineering documents.
- Become a subject matter expert in 3 or more technologies, systems or applications
- Recommend procedures and standards to improve the quality and delivery of service to customers.
- Serve as a referral point for more complex technical issues.
- Assist in requirements definition and research for new desktop computing solutions.
- Participate in after-hours on-call support rotation as required.
- Assist with or lead Information Systems projects as required.
- Minimal supervision required
- Minimum 8 years experience providing end user assistance in a networked Windows environment
- 3 year help desk, service desk, or support center experience including supporting remote users or sites and home office configurations
- 5 years deskside support in a Windows/Intel environment (Dell experience a plus)
- 2 years desktop system engineering or experience
- Experience providing support to C-level executive staff a plus
- Experience installing, configuring, troubleshooting and supporting Windows applications. Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is required, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Candidate must be experienced supporting Intel based desktop and laptop hardware. Ability to troubleshoot issues with peripherals, communication issues, etc.
- Understanding of TCP/IP networks and Ethernet technology as it applies to end user connections. Ability to troubleshoot network connectivity issues for both wired and wireless network connections. Experience supporting remote connections, VPN, firewalls, and routers.
- Experience with networking and collaboration technology solutions such as projectors, presentation workstations, printers, copiers, scanners, and Fax machines.
- Experience supporting remote users. Troubleshooting DSL, Cable, Wireless Home routers
- Experience supporting handheld devices, (Smartphones, Windows Mobile, Blackberry or similar).
- The ability to follow written guidelines and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures is critical, as is the ability to clearly document actions taken. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Experience and understanding of special needs in a regulated healthcare environment including operating according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) is a plus.
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues.
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality.
- Microsoft, HDI, A+, Network+ certifications/training or equivalent experience required
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary
- Some lifting (greater than 25 pounds) may be necessary; Facilities, Materials and Engineering employees occasionally must lift at least 50-75 pounds.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE