If you are looking for an uncommon opportunity -- a chance to join an organization known for its scientific excellence in the research and development of pharmaceuticals -- it's time to consider Regeneron.
Regeneron is a fully integrated biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron markets three products in the United States, EYLEA® (aflibercept) Injection, ZALTRAP® (ziv-aflibercept) Injection for Intravenous Infusion, and ARCALYST® (rilonacept) Injection for Subcutaneous Use; ZALTRAP is co-commercialized with Sanofi. Phase 3 studies are in progress with EYLEA in two additional indications and with product candidates sarilumab and REGN727. Regeneron has active research and development programs in many disease areas, including ophthalmology, inflammation, cancer, and hypercholesterolemia.
We are looking for a Research Associate to join our Genomic Engineering Technologies group, reporting to a Staff Scientist in the group.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The use TAL, ZnF and Cas9 nucleases to enhance gene targeting of human and mouse cells.
- Developing new DNA binding proteins for use in DNA cloning and for gene regulation in vivo.
- The construction of gene targeting vectors using Gibson assembly and BAC recombineering to develop mouse models of human disease.
- Analyzing phenotypes of mutant cells and animals generated using novel gene targeting vectors.
The position requires a BS/MS degree in a related field, and 2-8 years of experience in standard molecular biology techniques, in culturing cells (including ES cells) and in protein expression and purification.
- Experience with designing and making targeting vectors, preferably using BAC recombineering technologies is preferred.
- Knowledge of sequence analysis programs (MacVector or equivalent, Sequencher or equivalent) and databases of genomic sequence data is necessary.
- Overall strong computer skills, communication skills, and reliable record keeping skills are a must.
- Presentation skills are not a must but would be welcome.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including stock incentives, 401k with company match as well as the expected health and welfare benefits. Comprehensive relocation benefits are available, as required.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply to us today and find out what we mean when we say that, at Regeneron, we have an unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
Regeneron is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Regeneron as a result of the referral or through other means. Moving forward, Regeneron is using the agency management company, Candex - www.candex.com
ARCALYST, EYLEA, and ZALTRAP are trademarks of Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE