Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
The Genome Analytics group within Trait Informatics at Dupont Pioneer focuses on the development and application of next-generation sequencing approaches for genetic discovery and product development. As part of this team, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing data analysis capabilities, consultation, and expertise to researchers utilizing NGS data. This person will partner with the sequencing lab, software developers, and computational biologists to provide bioinformatics solutions and support in this area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply state-of-the-art tools for assembly, alignment, and analysis of NGS data.
- Assist in the design of sequencing experiments catered to the research goals of the project.
- Work closely with research clients to ensure that their bioinformatics needs are adequately met.
- Contribute to the development of innovative pipelines for NGS data analysis and interfaces for researchers to explore results.
- Provide feedback to the sequencing lab and assist with new method development.
Ph.D. in Biology, Genetics, Bioinformatics, Computer Science or a related field or an M.S. in one of these disciplines plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience is required.
Competencies and Experience:
- Expertise in a particular aspect of NGS analysis such as genome/transcriptome assembly, variation detection, comparative genomics, annotation or data visualization would be highly desirable.
- Strong computer skills, particularly experience with high performance computing and proficiency in at least one scripting language would also be a preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary as this position will need to effectively communicate with both biological researchers and IT staff.
- The ability to translate biological questions into computational problems.
- A thorough understanding of laboratory workflows and research goals.
To apply go to http://careers.dupont.com/jobsearch/posting.php?id=ABT00001011 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
DuPont Pioneer headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, is the world’s leading developer and supplier of advanced plant genetics, providing high-quality seeds to farmers in more than 90 countries. DuPont Pioneer has a rich history of scientific discovery that has enabled countless innovations and today, we're looking for more people, in more places, to collaborate with us to make life the best that it can be.