The Strategic Account Manager position is responsible for developing and leading strategic initiatives within practice management groups (PMGs) and large group practices (LGPs). This position will report directly to the Area Sales Director, with a concentrated effort on further penetrating some of the largest top US practices and groups in the U.S.
Planning and Implementation
- The SAM is responsible for developing a strategically targeted business plan with a keen understanding of the oncology business & market dynamics in the largest group practices and practice management groups in the US.
- Development of an account specific plan with outlined strategies/tactics with GHIs identified top targeted practices. These primary customers include (but not limited to): LGP's such as PAMF, Sutter, Wilshire, and other to be identified. In addition, Kaiser, Huntsman Cancer Center, Seattle Cancer Care Center, and working with ROL's on developing Standing Orders, VA Hospital penetration for both Breast and Colon
- Maintains a coordinated approach with other departments while providing input into all aspects of the brand plan process with keen attention to meeting our corporate objectives - Maintain alignment with sales/marketing/managed care & medical team on all initiatives.
- Effectively communicates and takes a collaborative approach in effectively penetrating these LGPs/ PMG's
- Leveraging relationships in order to meet objectives while allowing unimpeded access within these top accounts,-Maintain position as "the face" of GHI within those PMGs/LGPs.
- The SAM identifies ethical, innovative, customer oriented ideas in response to changing market forces while communicating proactively & effectively with Area Director of Sales. Coordination between sales, managed care, IT, CS and other departments demonstrating to market segments value proposition that GHI products provides is critical.
- Effectively manage budget with a bias on maximizing all resources and our objectives.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the ever changing oncology business practices.
- Remain proficient in the area of molecular diagnostics and oncology in order to leverage the clinical data as required.
- He/she invests the time necessary to maintain an in-depth understanding of the oncology market place as it relates to the large oncology group organizations and practice management groups. Additionally, the SAM skillfully deals with the concepts and complexities associated with the disease states associate with our products.
Professionalism and Commitment
- The SAM strives for excellence in all aspects of his/her performance and is committed to continuous self-evaluation and development.
- The SAM is valued for his/her contribution to the organization, peers, and customers beyond sales/revenue production.
Communication - External/Internal
- The SAM provides information critical to accomplishing the GHI mission to "all" parties involved with these targeted sites/organizations.
- The SAM will provide direct feedback to individuals so they can make accurate decisions at all levels of the company (national, regional & area teams).
Project Management/Communication- External/Internal
- Active participation with a coordinated approach while serving on key corporate initiatives, committees and projects while understanding & support of the corporate needs of our organization.
- Provides a comprehensive analysis of the business, key players, partners with a keen understanding the current oncology business practices.
- Effective communicate with other departments and senior management is critical while building ongoing partnering relationships with these oncology networks and throughout identified LGPs are essential.
- Demonstrates the ability to lead teams and collaborates with other departments, balances many projects & priorities.
- As part of the role of the SAM position, under the recommendation of the Area Sales Director will be ask to actively participate and/or lead special sub-teams dealing with topics critical to our success: strategy, managed care, contracting, pricing, business development, patient advocacy, competitive analysis, quality assurance, etc.
- In-depth understanding of the oncology marketplaces including: LGP, PMG, Hospital environment required
- Demonstrated experience in Oncology Sales and or managed care/managed markets or national accounts required (preferably at least 5 or more years)
- Strong partnerships/relationships with top LGPs/PMGs that remain current
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills both written & oral.
- Computer skills: word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and presentations.
- BA or BS required, MBA strongly preferred.
- 5-10 Years of oncology experience and the understanding of current oncology marketplace conditions
- Previous sales experience, personnel/training experience within the oncology marketplace preferred
- In-depth understanding of the sales process and sales training process.
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
- Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality
- Demonstrated relationship management skills
- Effective work with teams
- Travel Requirements: 50%
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE