Join the biotech company that is dedicated to improving healthcare through revolutionary genetic analysis solutions. Sequenom is on the forefront of cutting-edge technologies and ground-breaking clinical diagnostic tests. Headquartered in San Diego, with offices located around the world, we provide the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated scientific leaders while developing and expanding your own career. We know our strength and competitive advantage comes from our people so we strive to maintain a motivated team and an environment that supports diversity, encourages creativity, and most importantly, fosters innovation. Our employees are rewarded with excellent compensation and top-notch benefits. Consider joining the Sequenom team, where you can help make an impact in revolutionizing medical technology.
Sequenom has a Scientist position available in the R&D, Diagnostic Development department. This Scientist will be responsible for the creation of novel approaches as well as the evaluation and development of biochemistries and technologies related to Laboratory Developed Tests and potential In vitro Diagnostic assays. The ideal candidate will apply extensive knowledge of molecular biology, instrumentation, biochemistry, and bioinformatics in the development and optimization of nucleic acid detection assays performed via next-generation sequencing and mass spectrometry.
• Utilize molecular biology techniques in the manipulation of nucleic acids for the development of novel diagnostic assays
• Evaluate, develop, optimize, and automate biochemistries which may be useful in existing or future versions of Laboratory Developed Tests
• Evaluate new technologies and platforms for use in a high throughput diagnostic environment
• Create and optimize liquid handling protocols to streamline and standardize assay performance
• Design appropriate model systems for proof-of-concept studies
• Design experiments, execute protocols, and analyze data for qualitative and quantitative review
• Assist in the organization, cross-functional coordination, and execution of validation studies
• Perform data analysis with graphical representations of findings using appropriate software (Excel, JMP, R)
• Document all work in the form of laboratory notebook, study reports, and summary reports
• Present data clearly and concisely at departmental meetings and conferences
• Publish scientifically relevant data in peer reviewed journals
• Participate in the development of patent applications, if applicable