Layer, Chiang, et al. Genome Biology
This position is responsible for developing small molecule research for our sequencing products with a focus in the areas of nucleoside chemistry. The initial focus of the work will be to further develop a range of target molecules for application to a nanowire-based biosensor and eventually into a portable diagnostic device.
(i) To support the Group’s R&D programme by assisting and contributing to the lab based research work carried out within QuantuMDx. Scientific contribution to all projects will be welcome and expected.
(ii) To support the development, revision and implementation Quality standards and policies and to facilitate company accreditation to and continued compliance with ISO:17025, ISO:9001 and ISO13485 and any other standards that may become relevant as the company grows.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
To utilise in-depth knowledge of chemical synthesis, purification and analysis, including advanced HPLC techniques to develop and optimise our sequencing technologies.
Performing the following laboratory procedures:
· ensuring the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced;
· recording results accurately and honestly in a Lab Book in accordance with Company policy;
· actively developing and tailoring target compounds to meet R&D goals
· recording and interpreting results to present to senior management;
· keeping up to date with technical developments, especially those which can save time and improve reliability;
· conducting searches on identified topics relevant to Group R&D programme, as directed by Line Manager;
· following and ensuring strict safety procedures and safety checks.
· To adhere to all of QuantuMDx’s Quality Assurance (QA) Systems.
QuantuMDx’s QA Systems include: Document Controls; Purchasing Controls; Identification and Traceability; Production and Process Control; CAPAs; Labelling and Packaging; Material and Product Handling, Storage and Distribution; Equipment Installations; Manufacturing Records; Maintenance and Service.
· A strong technical understanding and experience in chemical synthesis and purification methodologies,
· Experience working with nucleoside chemistries.
· Excellent communication/IT skills and ability to work in a changing environment on complex projects.
· Outstanding teamwork and ability to interact with external and internal partners on fast-paced projects is essential.
· PhD in Chemistry or a minimum of 4 years industrial experience is essential.
· Experience with working within both an academic and industrial laboratory is desirable.
· Good sense of humour, team player and an ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment as the Company matures and moves from the R&D stage into commercialisation is essential
Interested candidates should send their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
QuantuMDx Group is a vibrant medical devices company developing hand-held and portable low cost molecular diagnostic, DNA sequencing & proteomic platforms capable of supporting the delivery of personalised medicine across both developed and developing nations.
Our initial focus is to develop and commercialise simple, easy to use MDx devices that not only deliver rapid & accurate- sample to result - medical diagnosis for complex diseases within minutes at the patient’s side, but can integrate withmobile apps for ongoing support and education of patients.
Our first commercial product, due out in 2014, will be the Q-POC™, QuantuMDx’s hand-held point of care platform, with first commercial assays in companion diagnostics and multi-drug resistant infectious disease testing (including TB, malaria and STIs).
Products in development include Q-SEQ™, a 5th generation DNA sequencer, and InVenio™, a biomarker discovery engine capable of undertaking a whole proteome analysis which will eventually be integrated into Q-POC™.