This position is responsible for developing surface chemistries for application in handheld diagnostic point of care devices. The initial focus of the work will be to further develop and screen a range of functional surfaces for application to a nanowire-based biosensor and eventually into a portable diagnostic device. The position is based at the QMDx headquarters in Newcastle.
To support the Group’s R&D programme by assisting and contributing to the laboratory based research work carried out within QuantuMDx Group Limited. Scientific contribution to all projects will be welcome and expected.
To support the development, revision and implementation of Quality standards and policies and to facilitate company accreditation to and continued compliance with any relevant standards that the company adheres to or will in the future.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
Performs a combination, but not necessarily all, of the following duties:
To utilise in-depth knowledge of surface modifications, organic synthesis, surface analysis, including advanced SPM techniques to optimise our present technologies.
Performing the following laboratory procedures:
· actively developing and tailoring target surface chemistries to meet R&D goals
· recording and interpreting results to present to senior management;
· keeping up to date with technical developments, especially those which can save time and improve reliability;
· conducting searches on identified topics relevant to Group R&D programme, as directed by Line Manager;
· following and ensuring strict safety procedures and safety checks.
· recording results accurately and honestly in a Lab Book in accordance with Company policy;
· ensuring the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced;
· To adhere to all of QuantuMDx’s Quality Assurance (QA) Systems
QuantuMDx’s QA Systems include: Document Controls; Purchasing Controls; Identification and Traceability; Production and Process Control; CAPAs; Labelling and Packaging; Material and Product Handling, Storage and Distribution; Equipment Installations; Manufacturing Records; Maintenance and Service.