Join the biotech company that is dedicated to improving healthcare through revolutionary genetic analysis solutions. Sequenom is on the forefront of cutting-edge technologies and ground-breaking clinical diagnostic tests. Headquartered in San Diego, with offices located around the world, we provide the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated scientific leaders while developing and expanding your own career. We know our strength and competitive advantage comes from our people so we strive to maintain a motivated team and an environment that supports diversity, encourages creativity, and most importantly, fosters innovation. Our employees are rewarded with excellent compensation and top-notch benefits. Consider joining the Sequenom team, where you can help make an impact in revolutionizing medical technology.
The Scientist-Molecular Diagnostics is responsible for planning and executing research and development projects leading to Laboratory Developed Tests and In vitro Diagnostics following good laboratory practices in a regulated environment. The ideal candidate will apply bioinformatics, statistical data analysis of large data sets, biochemistry/molecular biology, using MassARRAY, real-time PCR, “next-generation sequencing” or other technologies while maintaining clear and concise documentation.
• Retrieve and annotate genomic/genetic data, design assays, develop/run biochemistry, analyze and summarize data for qualitative and quantitative applications such as genotyping, gene expression, copy number variation, mutation profiling, etc.
• Extensive data analysis and graphical representations of findings using appropriate software (Minitab, Excel, R, Matlab, JMP as needed)
• Create appropriate model systems for proof-of-concept, feasibility, and validation studies
• Develop, optimize, and enhance reaction processes and detection performance for nucleic acids
• Document all work in the form of laboratory notebook, study reports and summary reports
• Create design input requirements for assays. Participate and present findings at conferences
• Publish scientifically relevant data in peer reviewed journals
• Participate in development of patent applications, if applicable