Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
As a Buyer, you will manage the large volume placement of non-production and capital purchase requirements while optimizing corporate spend through negotiations on price, transportation, warranty and other related aspects. Complete purchasing activities for development and engineering departments to acquire materials and services in a cost effective and timely manner.
• Coordinate purchasing activities with research and engineering departments to acquire materials and services in a cost effective and timely manner.
• Negotiation of capital purchase projects, including complex instrumentation, custom materials and services.
• Acquire and maintain technical understanding of products purchased.
• Establish and maintain effective supplier relationships with leverage in providing best possible service to the organization.
• Support customer service inquiries from user base and work closely with super users and finance.
• Perform cost analysis on assigned purchasing tasks to ensure optimum purchase costs are attained for the organization.
• Obtain materials, components, equipment and services.
• Develop new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are inadequate.
• May recommend cost saving proposals including make-versus-buy analysis, alternative sourcing and vendor evaluation criteria.
• Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent with a minimum of 3 years related experience in a diagnostic or pharmaceutical environment.
• Experience working with QAD or other inventory management systems.
• Candidate should be familiar with raw materials used in biomedical device, pharmaceutical manufacturing.
• Candidate should also be experienced with SOP's, GMP, JIT, MRP and should have experience with APICS principles.
• Candidate should be comfortable and adept at Word and Excel.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE