Join the CLIA laboratory that is dedicated to improving healthcare through revolutionary genetic analysis solutions. The rapidly growing Sequenom Center for Molecular Medicine is on the forefront of ground-breaking clinical diagnostic tests. Sequenom Center for Molecular Medicine, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sequenom, is a CAP accredited and CLIA-certified specialty reference laboratory dedicated to the development and commercialization of laboratory-developed genetic testing services for prenatal and eye conditions. Headquartered in San Diego, with offices located around the world, we provide the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated scientific leaders while developing and expanding your own career. We know our strength and competitive advantage comes from our people so we strive to maintain a motivated team and an environment that supports diversity, encourages creativity, and most importantly, fosters innovation. Our employees are rewarded with excellent compensation and top-notch benefits. Consider joining the Sequenom CMM team, where you can help make an impact in revolutionizing medical technology.
The National Account Director, Managed Care is responsible for the development and implementation of selling strategies to gain access to and successfully manage GPO (Group Purchasing Organization), Private Payers, IDN (Integrated Delivery Network) and State Medicaid accounts. Reporting to the Senior Director, National Accounts and Payor Strategies, the National Account Director works medical affairs, sales, marketing, laboratory operations and other applicable company personnel to secure contracts for Sequenom tests to maximize company sales.
• Develop and manage key national assigned payor accounts.
• Responsible for developing strong account relationships at an executive level for the purpose of growing sales of Sequenom’s prenatal tests.
• Develop and coordinate sales presentations and manages account development.
• Responsible for gaining new contracts and then driving all associated activity to implement the strategy related to those contracts.
• Have primary responsibility for sales in assigned accounts. Negotiates pricing and contract terms with customers.
• Acts upon final approval from the Senior Director, National Accounts and Payor Strategies. Provides the primary executive interface between the company and payer customers. Monitors changes in all assigned account sales and service levels.
• Develop business plans for each account assigned; monitors and reports progress monthly and develops and implements tactics to exceed sales and company goals. Monitors business progress and advises Sequenom management of results. Takes corrective action when needed to ensure that goals are met.
• Coordinate with internal departments to develop and implement timely contract launches and renewals. Coordinate and presents Sequenom value proposition and customer solutions in a selling situation. This includes product development activities, packaging, promotions, pricing, billing, customer service and contracts.
• Facilitate the management of key business relationships and negotiates potential business opportunities for the company which are consistent with its long-term national account strategy.
• Perform other contract or sales related duties as the need arises.