Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Technical Support Supervisor provides leadership and project management to our Tech Support Team. As a Technical Support Supervisor supervise and manage Sunnyvale based Product Support Scientists team. Possesses outstanding process improvement skills and track record in developing and continuously improving processes, procedures, and work instructions. Ability to develop and lead high performance team.
- Supervise a team of internal experts in Technical Support department and direct their daily activities.
- Monitor Technical Support e-mail, phone queue (call center), and cases to ensure rapid response times.
- Schedule phone and e-mail technical support lines for different shifts including weekends as schedule demands.
- Coach, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the team and adherence to Cepheid's Quality System including timely closure of complaints.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements, time reductions, and efficiencies.
- Provide phone and e-mail support for different shifts including weekends and holidays as schedule demands.
- Assume responsibility for Subject Matter Expert. Conduct and support discreet projects associated with Cepheid products.
- Establish and maintain lines of communication with remote TS teams, TS system's team and service departments.
- Maintain standard operating procedures, update SOP and processes.
- Prepare and present key performance metrics and analysis to Senior Team.
- Communicate product performance issues with the TS management and identify details related to complaint information and occurrence.
- Review complaints processed through Technical Support staff for accuracy and content.
- Assist in deployment of new eCMS software and training TS team.
- Prepare technical bulletins or troubleshooting guides for global distribution.
- Bachelor's degree with 10 years or Master's degree with 8 years of experience in biological sciences or Clinical Laboratory Science including 2+ years of supervisory experience in technical support in medical device industry is desired.
- Must have strong technical knowledge of molecular biology and Real-Time
- PCR and high level concept of RNA-DNA and nucleic acid amplification (NAAT).
- Extensive knowledge and understanding FDA, ISO, CLIA and CAP regulations including Medical Device Reporting (MDR).
- Must have experience with Complaint Management systems.
- The ability to supervise, and effectively coach and direct others to ensure standard operating processes are followed and are adhered to.
- The ability to multitask by managing projects and the ability to use Excel efficiently for data analysis and presentation is required.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE