Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
The Tool Design Engineer will be responsible for multiple tooling projects in various stages of the manufacturing process. Design plastic injection molds, fixtures, EDM electrodes and other equipment as necessary using SolidWorks 3D modeling software.
- Design 3D parts and assemblies of injection molds using Solidworks.
- Create 2D detailed drawings for mold component fabrication and QC inspection process.
- Design secondary tooling components (EDM electrodes/fixtures) necessary for mold component fabrication.
- Modify existing designs to improve molding production conditions.
- Individual will continuously work with all departments to improve production and quality of finished products.
- Responsible for managing engineering data and documentation per Cepheid standards.
- Experience with GD&T.
- 5 years minimum injection mold design experience.
- 5 years minimum SolidWorks design experience.
- 3D modeling and 2D drafting.
- Strong organization, scheduling and communication skills.
- Understanding mold manufacturing standard practices.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE