Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
The Biopharma Regional Sales Leader will work closely with the GM, SeqWright and business development team to target decision makers in strategic areas of the BioPharma industry.
• Identify and build business relationships with key scientific and business leaders in the BioTech/BioPharma industries
• Use current contracts and contacts to develop leads
• Travel to industry meetings to present company service offerings to target audiences
• Travel to customer locations for onsite meetings and lead generation
• Provide presentations, proposals, and cross-functional meetings to customers
• Secure business opportunities and provide follow up support upon project completion
• Lead current-year business plan execution with constant focus on strategic innovation, process improvement and cross-functional collaboration required to grow the business and secure increased client loyalty.
• Provide leadership to cross functional team through direction, motivation, coaching, skill development, product knowledge, industry knowledge, competitive knowledge, performance management, and company knowledge
• Oversee and implement strategic and tactical account plans for key clients.
• Responsible for ensuring consistent application of proposal efforts and plans, pricing and cost schemes, and technical proposal submitted to client
• Provide strategic direction and input for proactive marketing activities (e.g., promotions, presentations, publications, tradeshows, etc…)
• Assist in the development of the annual and long term plan in support of organizational strategy and objectives
Quality Specific Goals:
• Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
• Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
• Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
• Candidate must be located in one of the following states MA, NJ, PA
• Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Genetics, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Business Management or other biotech field
• Minimum of 5 years work experience in medical sales, commercial management and/or business development in either a pharmaceutical, biotech or Contract Research Organization (CRO) setting within a global, multi-office environment
• Knowledge of molecular assays, including Next Gen sequencing
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
• Must be willing to work from a remote office location or local GE Healthcare facility
• Must be willing to submit to a drug test and background check
• Must submit application for employment through COS or gecareers.com to be considered
• Healthcare product/industry/technical acumen
• Leadership skills to lead teams and shape/lead growth vision and marketing strategy
• Innovation – develop new ideas through collaboration and execute on creative ideas
• Team oriented – ability to motivate and work well with diverse, cross-functional teams
• Proven ability to influence and negotiate internally and with customers.
• Strong analytical, time management, negotiating, interpersonal and leadership skills
• Demonstrated ability to inspire effective teamwork and motivate staff within a matrix organization
• Demonstrated ability to effectively function as a member of a senior leadership team
• Ability to establish immediate credibility with business partners and within the company, building consensus and achieving goals through influence versus direct line authority
• Ability to manage multiple partnerships and collaborations and streamline communication across all internal and external stakeholders to drive achievement of key objectives
• Ability to understand technology platforms related to diagnostic products and articulate their link in the development of therapeutic targets.
• Excellent negotiation skills and demonstrated ability to influence decisions
• Problem analysis and resolution at both strategic and operational level
• Strong customer focus
• Excellent oral/written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Passion for the life sciences and bringing innovative technologies to market for patient care decisions
• Local candidate preferred
• Work experience with Sequencing technologies or Next Gen Sequencing
Please cut & paste the job link below. You will be able to review & apply to the position.
What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing healthcare costs, increasing access and improving quality and efficiency around the world.
We are a $17 billion unit of General Electric Company (NYSE: GE), employing more than 46,000 people worldwide and serving healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries. We believe in our strategy - and we'd like you to be a part of it. As a global leader, GE can bring together the best in science, technology, business and people to help solve one of the world's toughest challenges and shape a new age of healthcare.
Something remarkable happens when you bring together people who are committed to making a difference - they do!