Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
401(k) match, medical, dental and vision insurance, plus company paid Short & Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D insurance plans.
We are seeking a motivated, results-oriented BioImaging Sales Specialist to cover the Upper North East region (including New England States). This position will be based out of specialist’s home-office, preferably based in the Boston, MA area. Other main activity hubs may be considered for exceptional candidate.
The BioImaging Sales Specialist is an integral part of generating and following up on leads, demonstrating, selling, training and installing company’s line of preclinical optical imaging systems to academic, government, Pharma and biotech labs. Applications include: protein, DNA and in vivo imaging.
• Work closely with distribution channel partners to ensure lead generation and sales growth
• Prospect and qualify sales leads
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with prospective and current customers
• Demonstrate imaging systems, including demo of hardware and software features
• Identify best system and configuration for customer needs
• Address competitive challenges
• Close the sale
• Install equipment, conduct training; ensure post-sale customer support and satisfaction
• Achieve sales goals
• Provide accurate and timely feedback and reports to management
• Overnight travel approximately 30%, based on Boston location
• Bachelor Degree in Life Sciences (Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Engineering or other related discipline)
• 2 years successfully selling capital equipment preferred, into academic, government, pharma and/or bio-tech accounts; will consider training candidate with relevant education, technical skills and sales aptitude
• Technical and sales abilities to successfully identify customer needs, demonstrate, sell and install imaging systems
• Ability to lift, move and setup equipment in the 50 lb range
• Computer proficiency, including aptitude to learn application specific software and firmware
• Outstanding verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Positive attitude with demonstrated ability to achieve sales goals
• Superb interpersonal skills to work with diverse individuals and groups, including customers, distribution partners and company staff in all departments
• Work well in a team selling environment including working with distribution partners
Send resume and cover letter (PDF or Word Doc preferred) to: email@example.com
UVP is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
UVP, LLC, an Analytik Jena Company, is a market leader in Life Science imaging; designing, manufacturing and supplying BioImaging systems for academic, biopharmaceutical and biotechnology research applications.